Poachers Of 18 Point Buck In State Park Fined Less Than $1000.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can you legally hunt at Ft. Cobb for deer by any means? Who owns Ft. Cobb?

Ft. Cobb State Park would be at Ft. Cobb Lake and it is not a military base. I would assume it is owned by Oklahoma State Parks. The state park is closed to hunting. The wildlife management area (WMA) does allow hunting, although restricted to shotgun and bow only.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jared, if you're browsing through here, a couple of questions for you if you don't mind. Who sets the amounts for the fines? If the fines are the same state wide, how can particular county DA on a whim, decide whether the full amount or partial amount be paid. I know my GW spent several nights out in an attempt catch some guys, then would make a run to check waterfowl hunters, home for a quick bite to eat, then out to patrol for pheasant hunters.....................what a kick in the nuts for you guys after all the time spent. The article mentions paperwork to be filed in order for the two men to face a judge..............what happened there?

The fine amounts are passed by legislature and are in the statute for the offense. Taking/possession of deer illegally is a minimum $750 fine+$196 court costs=$946. State law also says Restitution shall be paid to ODWC for that animal. White-tailed buck is $1500 minimum restitution. All this sounds good but a DA is the authority in filing charges in the county.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The fine amounts are passed by legislature and are in the statute for the offense. Taking/possession of deer illegally is a minimum $750 fine+$196 court costs=$946. State law also says Restitution shall be paid to ODWC for that animal. White-tailed buck is $1500 minimum restitution. All this sounds good but a DA is the authority in filing charges in the county.
Thank you Jared for all you and the other Oklahoma Game Wardens do. You have a tough job and then when the DA's pull chicken **** like the story above, it has to be aggravating to say the least.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The DA in the county where I hunt gives the poachers an easy ride as well. Sucks.

The county where I live seems to be more pro-active, because the guy that I busted few years ago for poaching has had to serve jail time for non-payment of fines, and pay restitution. I talked to the Arresting GW yesterday, Larry Green, and he said he is back out killing deer again. They tied him to 18 deer on previous charges. I don't know if they got convictions on all 18.

He is a meth head. I can't wait until we legalize recreational drugs.

http://www1.odcr.com/results

What a worthless piece of human ****.

BMPregler

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The DA in the county where I hunt gives the poachers an easy ride as well. Sucks.

The county where I live seems to be more pro-active, because the guy that I busted few years ago for poaching has had to serve jail time for non-payment of fines, and pay restitution. I talked to the Arresting GW yesterday, Larry Green, and he said he is back out killing deer again. They tied him to 18 deer on previous charges. I don't know if they got convictions on all 18.

He is a meth head. I can't wait until we legalize recreational drugs.

What a worthless piece of human ****.

DH

Can you update the links? I would like to know what he looks like if I happen to run into this POS.

Latest posts

Top Bottom