poaching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
up until today i worked for a state agency, a few weeks ago i turned my supervisor in for poaching deer to the wildlife department. during the investigation he found out I was the one who turned him in and made my life so miserable that today i resigned. I still feel like i did the right thing.

no point to this post i guess ,just venting a little:smash:

DEER 24/7

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i would'nt have resigned i would of went to his boss and told him what was going on,and you did do the right thing,i am sorry you a #@#&I*O for a boss,how long had you been on the job

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
oh i went to admin. they said poaching was a misdemeanor and nothing they could do about it and that i created a hostile work enviroment by turning him.

I think a supervisor at a state agency should be held to higher standard. he tried to get me and another guy to go with him, i explained to him i wouldn't go because it was illegal and unethical. he said where he was going it was private land with locked gates and he could shoot a deer any time he wanted.
he came in the following monday bragging about shot two doe with his 7 mag during muzzle loader season and not tagging or checking them in, so i turned him in

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry to hear this for you man, I guess doing the right thing comes at a price sometimes. Did DOW tell him it was you or did he just put the pieces together? Was this a operation game thief phone call or did you just call the game warden? Vent all you want, nobody should have to go through things like this and be silent about it.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i called the game warden for that county ,i don't know how he new it was me other than i voiced my disapproval after the fact. probably wasn't that hard to figure out.guy's like that give sportsman a bad name. he was braggin about what a great hunter he was.

the wife got pissed at me over this deal and i told her i'm always gonna do the right thing so get use to it. that went over like a turd in a punch bowl:pms2:

r00s7a

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
#1, you did not create a hostile work environment for doing what is right. The supervisor is to blame for anything that occurred as a result of his illegal actions. #2, if he truly made your life miserable to the point that you had to quit your job, then that is harassment, and you do not have to put up with that. If it were me, and that were the facts, I would get representation. You are going to have to have documentation of everything though, from reporting it to his boss to what he did to you. If you can prove everything that happened, you have an easy case. I wouldn't let it go either, people like that need to be punished for what they did, not only the poaching, but the harassment after the fact.

Latest posts

Top Bottom