poaching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
F

Fiddler918

Thank you for doing the right thing. Nothing gives hunting a worse image than poachers. I hope everything works out for you in the long run, sounds like it couldn't have been a great place to work if your supervisors have attitudes like his. Good luck.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
up until today i worked for a state agency, a few weeks ago i turned my supervisor in for poaching deer to the wildlife department. during the investigation he found out I was the one who turned him in and made my life so miserable that today i resigned. I still feel like i did the right thing.

no point to this post i guess ,just venting a little:smash:

Go back and un-resign! Are you gonna let this guy beat you??? Are you gonna let a poacher run you out of a job? F&@k that guy! Go back to work and get in his face! Let him know that you're better than him!

You didn't create a hostile work environment, the agency did. When they told you that you created a hostile work environment by reporting a crime (misdemeanor or not), they violated the law. They created a hostile work environment for you! They tacitly admitted that they condone criminal activity! Tell them that they can put you back on staff and remove your supervisor from your chain of command, put you on paid admin leave until this is all sorted out, or they can expect a lawsuit and public scrutiny of their actions!

Dude, you so need to get a lawyer and fight this! Stuff like this pisses me off. People like your supervisor and your agency get away with crap like this because they're bullies. They intimidate people into accepting far less than they're entitled to. What a crock of s&!t!!! :madbox:

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HVAC...correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that heat and air? I would think that you could get another job very easily. Since you're unemployed I hope so. Anyways, thanks for doing the right thing. Sorry that you are unemployed. I vote that you should fight it too, but best of luck regardless of what you decide to do.

crazyfish

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Since you work for a state agency, I would call the office of civil rights and file a grievance. You shouldn't have to resign or work for a douche bag supervisor. Good for you for doing the right thing!

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You work for a state agency? Surely you have a union associated with yhour job, right? If so, as much as I hate them, you should really utilize them at this time. Unions do have their place in certain situations and this would def be one of them.

If not, I would be making many phone calls to the local TV and radio media. THey typically live to report things like this. Not to mention it is hunting season afterall and would be a good time to report to them. Hell, one of the news people may even be working on a poaching topic for a futrue news story as we speak and can include you situation.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You work for a state agency? Surely you have a union associated with yhour job, right? If so, as much as I hate them, you should really utilize them at this time. Unions do have their place in certain situations and this would def be one of them.

If not, I would be making many phone calls to the local TV and radio media. THey typically live to report things like this. Not to mention it is hunting season afterall and would be a good time to report to them. Hell, one of the news people may even be working on a poaching topic for a futrue news story as we speak and can include you situation.
never joined, I'm not a union guy

Latest posts

Top Bottom