poaching

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea man, you did the right thing. I know it probably sucks, but if at all possible I'd go back to work. Then I would proceed to document the hell out of everything I could and burn their a$$ when the time was right.

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You did the right thing and you certainly did not creat a hostile work environment.

It pizzes us all off that you were harmed over it and I like all of the others wish you would hold them to account. By the same token, this poacher has not only gotten away with it, but he's also intimidated you enough to feel like you'd never turn anyone in again.

You still did the right thing. Hope you'll change your mind about not doing the right thing in the future.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Even though the outcome is not how you how you planned, don't let him win twice by him changing your personal hunting enjoyment. The final decision is yours. My dad always told me I could handle difficult situations one of two ways. The situation can either make you better or bitter. Choosing the "better" route may be a tough one to sort out at the time but worth it in the end.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i stuck my neck out and the Oklahoma department of wildlife chopped it off. kinda make's playing by the rules and trying to do the right thing seem worthless, I don't want to play at all now, left a bitter taste in my mouth

I don't think the OWD chopped your neck off at all. One or two individuals within the department did.
That doesn't mean everybody in the OdW is the same way.

I've turned people in and got great results from the ODW, and Another poacher from Blackwell in a recent thread has been turned in with fines ranging from 16K to 20K. Some of the ODW employees GET IT!
I will say, I caught a guy trespassing once during MZ season, and called him in. My buddy and I told him to stay where he was at, while the GW came in response to a cell call.
Turned out the guy was a sherriffs deputy, and the GW asked if he could give the guy a warning........HELL NO! Write the ticket and I will sign it. He did, and I did. Called the county sherriff the next day and talked with him about this in case there was any payback coming my way.
I suspect you may have been a case of "professional courtesy". Don't let it stop you.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't really see how it was professional courtesy. He works with the guy he is accusing. I think he'd have a pretty good idea of if it was professional courtesy or not being in the same line of work. In which case, all the more reason for harsh punishment. Poaching isn't a slap on the wrist offense IMO.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the day after the warden contacted him he came to me and said the warden told him i turned him in,and he repeated what i said to the warden pretty much word for word. so ya they chopped my head off

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the day after the warden contacted him he came to me and said the warden told him i turned him in,and he repeated what i said to the warden pretty much word for word. so ya they chopped my head off

I think I'd be calling the warden you spoke with directly and confronting him over it. Let him know that you've now resigned your job over the fallout. Then call whomever his boss is and let them know the same thing. Why not?

Latest posts

Top Bottom