Point Shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are your thoughts? I think it is viable. In a reactive gunfight you most likely won't be able to use your sights. Don't get me wrong aimed fire is best but not the fastest if you are caught behind the eight ball. There is a time and place for everything.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What are your thoughts? I think it is viable. In a reactive gunfight you most likely won't be able to use your sights. Don't get me wrong aimed fire is best but not the fastest if you are caught behind the eight ball. There is a time and place for everything.

Not sure if serious.........:lookaroun

Michael Brown

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah serious.

I was hoping for better constructive criticism.

So what do you all teach if a threat is just out of combatives range and bearing down on you?

The thought of being able to draw from a holster or raise a pistol from say 6 or 8 ft away and shooting them in the chest doesn't sound impossible to me at all without sights....

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe someday.... His post was a little rude and arrogant so no time soon. I have heard good things about USSA and been there a time of two but this is not quite the way to attract new students.

I always hear people say if someone came at me with a knife I would step out of the way draw and shoot. Try it from 9 ft (with training wepons) and see what you think?

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Holy whiney feelings batman.....

Honestly, if you are interested in these types of situations you NEED to take a class.

Tinbender75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Holy whiney feelings batman.....

Honestly, if you are interested in these types of situations you NEED to take a class.

Not whiney it seemed a little egotistical but maybe it wasn't meant like that.

I have taken a class or two and encourage people to do the same just don't get stuck in the one size fits all mindset.

Like I said I think it is valid and was wondering if anyone else felt like that? It isn't rocket science.

Thanks chuter for writing something other than get training. Lol! I know a couple of guys that have taken that class and are damn good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom