Politics, Politicians, the State Legislature and this board.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dutch,

Well ... at the risk of offending again ... I agree with you totally.

That said ... I am absolutely terrified of the "average citizen" being able to get their hands on and carrying indiscriminately. Again, though, I will freely admit that no legislation or my fear of the "average citizen" stops the bad guys from buying, carrying and using guns for nefarious purposes.

If the government was gonna legislate anything at all I think that every single kid at the age of 18 ought to have to do 2 years of military service (male and female). Right before their discharge they ought to have to attend at least one Appleseed shoot. Anything other than that and the damned politicians ought to keep their noses out of the 2A ...

But ... I only have one vote, so I do what I can with it within the parameters of what people richer and more powerful than me dictate. Such is life in America ... we still have it better here than anywhere else on earth ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB.... Travel in those less restrictive states a while. You won't see an open gun outside of hunting season, a cowboy at Walmart, or a jacketless man in a barbers chair.
About as many folks use the OC right as Ccw people dont exercise theirs after paying for the privilege.

You are right ... I gotta go check some of those states out when GC retires. I suspect if OC passed here we would do the same ... fill out the paperwork, pay the fee and still carry concealed. It's not you guys who are responsible gun owners who scare me. There are plenty of people out there who go to the trouble to get their CCL, strap on a gun every day and NEVER go to the range or get any more training than the "training" they got at their CCL class. Those folks scare the bejeebus outta me!!

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
JDAGreek,
I've tried contacting my own representative several times to see why he flip-flopped on the issue back when Henry vetoed it. All I got was an excuse about talking to the Sheriff's Assoc. and then alot of phone tag because of how "busy' you guys are on 23rd st. And considering how many more of us on this forum get jerked around by those that are supposed to be SERVING the people of Oklahoma, is it any wonder why we have the "negative attitudes" towards people who serve in the legislature? How would you have us act? You may have been honest during your term there, but you have to admit that many are NOT honest and are only there to serve their own interests. Maybe you should tell those you are still in contact with in the legislature that our attitudes are a reaction to the shenanigans of your former colleagues!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
JDAGreek, Remember that oath of office you took, along with all the other politicians, stated to "PROTECT AND DEFEND" the constitution, not change and mold to your way of thinking. Nor does it say anywhere in either state or the US Constitution that you have the power to decide whats right for the people. Remember you were elected by the people, not "CROWNED"!!!!!

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JDAGreek, Remember that oath of office you took, along with all the other politicians, stated to "PROTECT AND DEFEND" the constitution, not change and mold to your way of thinking. Nor does it say anywhere in either state or the US Constitution that you have the power to decide whats right for the people. Remember you were elected by the people, not "CROWNED"!!!!!

Watch your step Leighton.... you see how JDAGreek put me in my place.... :LOL

seurto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BB.... Travel in those less restrictive states a while. You won't see an open gun outside of hunting season, a cowboy at Walmart, or a jacketless man in a barbers chair.
About as many folks use the OC right as Ccw people dont exercise theirs after paying for the privilege.
Thats about how it is in Louisiana (which is open carry, no permit required) Except for hurricanes, during those times, many people OC, I suppose to just let everybody else know that its not a good idea to act upon lawless thoughts when theirs turmoil, more than anything else.

There are a couple of clowns who make it their life mission to walk into a known un-gunfriendly establishment OCing just to get on the news and scream about thier 2A rights, one was so retarded about it, that the Open Carry forums banned him because his insistence was doing nothing but bringing bad publicity to open carriers, and gun enthusiasts in general.

aestus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When it comes to getting back our 2A rights, there will always be 2 camps that will never agree.

Group A:
We want all our rights now. Not over time, not through any process, not little by little. It is our inalienable right and all these laws are illegal and unconstitutional. Man/Government can never take our rights, therefore I should not have to compromise, ever. I shouldn't even have to fight for rights since the Constitution says I have them.

Group B:
Rofl at Group A. Man/Government has already taken away your 2A rights. So much for your inalienable rights and the Constitution. So's how's open carry in OK?... OH WAIT, YOU CAN'T. This whole time, your rights have been pecked away little by little by propaganda campaigns, changes in attitudes among young people / new generation and new goverment bills and laws that strip your 2A rights one bullet, one safety feature, one restriction, at a time. They didn't accomplish this by an "all or nothing" approach overnight, but little by little over the course of decades. Your rights have already been taken.

Despite what the constitution says, man/gov has already stripped you of your rights. If you want your rights back, then you must: 1) become or help with the political process 2)vote legislators that uphold the constitution. If there are none, then why not try to run, yourself 3) Push education and propaganda campaigns that are pro-gun and debunks the misinformation spouted by the antis 4) Target the young / new generation so they will be pro gun and pro constitution. You could win the battle now, but won't matter if the future generation is brought up to be anti 2A and that the interpretation of the constitution can be easily compromised. Your minor win now will only be a whisper in the wind compared to the magnitude of losses once the new generation, brought up on anti propaganda takes hold of the country 5) win battles in legislation little by little, bullet by bullet, ect. It's only by winning battles in legislation overtime that can ultimately get us back to having our "inalienable rights."

Anyways, that's my soapbox for the day. I'm pretty sure JDAGreek is in Group B. You can probably tell that I lean more towards Group B, as well.

Last edited:

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought you guys wanted bipartisanship. Corruption is the only bipartisanship I have seen here lately. Just ask Randy Terrill and Debbe Leftwich. They know how to work together behind closed doors.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A week to 10 days ago there was a thread on one of the OSA forums that I took serious issue with. It was a thread where posters were bashing the State Legislature and politicians in general. The post that set me off was one that simply stated the opinion that every member of the legislature was a crook, liar, cheat and on and on. Everyone else on the thread simply piled on.

[...]WALL OF TEXT[...]

I know how they must feel as I have been there, done that.

Colin Powell looked like this before he read your post

aupload.wikimedia.org_wikipedia_commons_thumb_e_e9_GEN_Colin_Powell.JPG_466px_GEN_Colin_Powell.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom