Poll about allowing suppressors for hunting purposes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allow suppressors in Oklahoma for hunting purposes

• Yes allow suppressors for hunting purposes

Votes: 254 84.1%
  • No don't allow suppressors for hunting purposes

Votes: 48 15.9%

• Total voters

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Honestly, I was spoiled as a kid. My dad worked on a 3500 acre ranch that backed up to the Caney River. We had all the hunting and fishing you could ever want. Back then, even the public hunting areas weren't too bad other than deer.

When we lost that and hunting leases became more prevalent, I just lost the drive to do it. I moved into competitive shooting and bought a bass boat, so I have plenty to occupy my time. I still have my lifetime license, I just haven't hunted in about 10 years.

Every once in a while I'll get an itch ot go rabbit, squirell or dove hunting, just not enough to look for a place to go. But if they allowed suppressors, I'd definitely have to go find a place to pop a squirell or two with my suppressed Browning .22. :)

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own a suppressor, looking at another maybe this coming year.

I am un decided on the issue.

I can see the pros and cons of both sides, but I am not convinced enough to say yes or no to either side.

If for varmint control, dispatching little thieving critters, pigs, yoties etc, then I am all for it.

When hunting game animals, deer, tree rat etc, I lean more towards the no vote. Not for poaching reasons but for the reason if I am on land I have permission to be on and someone shoots while I am there, I want to know about it. I know suppressors are not hollywood silent and there is some noise.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, I was spoiled as a kid. My dad worked on a 3500 acre ranch that backed up to the Caney River. We had all the hunting and fishing you could ever want. Back then, even the public hunting areas weren't too bad other than deer.

When we lost that and hunting leases became more prevalent, I just lost the drive to do it. I moved into competitive shooting and bought a bass boat, so I have plenty to occupy my time. I still have my lifetime license, I just haven't hunted in about 10 years.

Every once in a while I'll get an itch ot go rabbit, squirell or dove hunting, just not enough to look for a place to go. But if they allowed suppressors, I'd definitely have to go find a place to pop a squirell or two with my suppressed Browning .22. :)

Fair enough.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What next full-auto????
Seriously poachers use suppressors, So they might as well allow everybody else.
Personally I think they should ban everything but single shots. I quit hunting after several instances of crazies with semi-autos burning up the woods (group of guys all firing at 1 little deer at the same time)

hubmonkey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What would the down side be to allowing this?

Down Sides:
Harder for game rangers to locate offenders/poachers
Harder for land owners to know if someone is tresspassing on their land

What would the advantages be?

Advantages:
Quieter for followup shots on additional targets.

I may be narrow minded on this one, but I think it should stay illegal to use them because I feel the number of poachers would increase.

Hub

Latest posts

Top Bottom