Poll: Marijuana Law Reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support allowing physician-authorized patients to consume therapeutic cannabis

• yes

Votes: 278 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 71 20.3%

• Total voters

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
https://www.okobserver.net/2013/09/18/new-poll-sooners-embrace-medical-marijuana/

The supporting responses crossed party lines with 68% of the Republicans, 74.6% of Democrats and 68.2% of independents being interviewed supporting medical marijuana.

In the Oklahoma City and Tulsa metropolitan areas, support for medical marijuana was a solid 75%-plus.

Outside the metro areas, support for medical marijuana – while not as strong as OKC and Tulsa – was a solid 66.4%.

State Sen. Constance Johnson, D-OKC, who has introduced a medical marijuana measure at every session but has yet to receive a hearing, told The Observer, “I like the results. This is very telling. It confirms what we’re being told across the state.”

Sen. Johnson’s latest request for an interim study was only recently turned down by the chairman of the Public Safety Committee, Sen. Don Barrington. Citing the study Johnson noted, “The results make you wonder who are these elected officials afraid of.”

MrShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We all know it will be legalized, taxed and regulated regardless. It's what the people want.

Looks like the poll of this thread agrees also...

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hell Someones has got to pay for Obama's spending sprees, why not let the dope heads start to pony up. They have been getting it tax free anyway, it's not like they are having a hard time finding it.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Last edited:

Bandit656

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I only read through the first few pages of this thread before I had to say, "If you're going to support a position, it is much more convincing to be able to spell correctly and use proper grammar." Of course, this applies to all debates.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guess what, guns are protected under the Constitution, your right to get stoned and risk lives is not. Sorry I am tired of that old strawman.

You still haven't answered the original question: Which is why make drugs illegal?

Illegal or not the lives of those you know that were ruined would still have been ruined.

Making drugs illegal creates a black market that raises prices and encourages even more crime. Can you say prohibition? War on Drugs?

The cost of making drugs illegal far outweighs any benefit.

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I want is some freaking common sense. Something in very short supply now days.

Using the logic of your common sense we should reinstate prohibition, ban all guns, sharp edged tools, cars, planes, trains, sharpened pencils. Hell man we need to just go ahead and make anything illegal that could potentially ruin another's life.

Gosh darn it you're right. We should ban mankind itself - no more ruined lives.

Of course all that would be pretty silly. Just as silly as making drugs illegal.

Latest posts

Top Bottom