Poll: Marijuana Law Reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support allowing physician-authorized patients to consume therapeutic cannabis

• yes

Votes: 278 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 71 20.3%

• Total voters

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legalize drugs except in extreme medical cases and,

1) There will be more people on welfare because they can not hold a job.
2) There will be more people killed and injured by impaired drivers.
3) The drug cartels are not going to just throw up their hands and walk away. They will just import more hard drugs.
4) Are any of you REALLY dumb enough to think the tax money will be used for anything worthwhile?

1. Many states with medicinal marijuana laws have also enacted laws that protect MMJ-licensed employees from being fired simply for failing a drug test -- for THC only, obviously.

2. Driving while under the influence will still remain illegal. Plus, people are already driving while stoned and some studies show higher concentration/better driving while stoned.

3. The demand for pot versus any other drug is huge in comparison. It's not likely that all of the current cartels could stay afloat by producing and smuggling all other drugs combined. Pot is the money maker.

4. Tax money used for ANYTHING is better than the NO tax received from its sales right now, though you should look at how much revenue MMJ states make and what those taxes are used for.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Strangely enough, I am beginning to believe your last sentence.

We have a lot of Libertarians and a few liberals.

Yes they are happening but why make it worse, or do you not give a crap about anything but what makes you feel good?
As for the tax, more money for the NSA anyone?

Good God Almighty! I've never seen someone so ignorant of the effects of smoking marijuana. But please, keep arguing against the use of it as if you you know what you're talking about.

Nice fear mongering tactic on the NSA tax.

You assume that I smoke weed, that works for me. I'm 45 years old, have only had three jobs since I turned twenty-one, have only been unemployed for three weeks in that time and I have never drawn a government check. I work 50 hours per week on one job and another 20-30 at the gun shop.

Tell how lazy and unmotivated I am.

Because you don't trust yourself to make good decisions without government guidelines, you don't trust that others can. Ego is a *****, accept your decision making limitations and let me make my own decisions.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We could just get Veggie to unlock my original legalization poll thread and bump it. That thread was epic over 80 pages if I remember correctly. Now I gotta go find it, The response to that poll was overwhelming.

RickN you have failed to not only answer my question after you tried to distort my reply to one of your comments but you have also just decided to throw out generalizations about people that are down right insulting.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1. Many states with medicinal marijuana laws have also enacted laws that protect MMJ-licensed employees from being fired simply for failing a drug test -- for THC only, obviously.

If you work for a company that is operating in multiple states they tend to ignore state law and follow federal law, and it is legal for them to do so(they can't make policies for one state and not use it across the board - discrimination).

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep me straight here.

Opponents to medical use of MJ believe it is just a ploy for the legalization of MJ across the board?
Or, do they believe there is actually no legitimate use for MJ in the medical field?

Likewise, do proponents see medical use as a way to further the cause of full legalization?
And, are less concerned about the medicinal use than they are about making pot legal?

Both camps seem to be a little disingenuous to me.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Legalize drugs except in extreme medical cases and,

1) There will be more people on welfare because they can not hold a job.
2) There will be more people killed and injured by impaired drivers.
3) The drug cartels are not going to just throw up their hands and walk away. They will just import more hard drugs.
4) Are any of you REALLY dumb enough to think the tax money will be used for anything worthwhile?

LMMFAO

Do you just sit around and dream this stuff up??

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep me straight here.

Opponents to medical use of MJ believe it is just a ploy for the legalization of MJ across the board?
Or, do they believe there is actually no legitimate use for MJ in the medical field?

Likewise, do proponents see medical use as a way to further the cause of full legalization?
And, are less concerned about the medicinal use than they are about making pot legal?

Yep, I see it just like licensed open carry... a step toward less governmental control over our lives, but far from the end goal. There do seem to be some legit medical uses for marijuana, but the main goal for me is taking another step toward restoring people's right to self-ownership. For me, all these issues dovetail into the ultimate goal of creating a society where people are free to do as they please as long as they don't hurt others, and everyone suffers or enjoys the full consequences of their actions.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I think proponents are a mixed crowd. Many want MMJ at the least, as many who would benefit from medicinal access aren't recreational smokers, and couldn't care a less whether or not it's legalized for recreational purposes. Their goal is medicine and, once that's obtained, they puff puff pass the baton onto other proponents to do with as they please.

I support full legalization, and I think that baby steps are better than no steps. I recognize the medicinal benefits of marijuana and I hope that once society sees that we can still function successfully with MMJ, then maybe they'll be more open to restoring personal rights and allow discussions for full legalization.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, it will be just like open carry... once it passes in more jurisdictions and people see that life goes on (albeit with a little more liberty and a little less government), all the chicken littles who predicted major social ills will be seen for exactly what they are.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think proponents are a mixed crowd. Many want MMJ at the least, as many who would benefit from medicinal access aren't recreational smokers, and couldn't care a less whether or not it's legalized for recreational purposes. Their goal is medicine and, once that's obtained, they puff puff pass the baton onto other proponents to do with as they please.

I support full legalization, and I think that baby steps are better than no steps. I recognize the medicinal benefits of marijuana and I hope that once society sees that we can still function successfully with MMJ, then maybe they'll be more open to restoring personal rights and allow discussions for full legalization.

I mostly agree, but I don't think we should allow physicians to act as a gatekeeper to limit access to one of God's herbs.

In politics you don't start with baby steps... you negotiate toward tolerable baby steps. This strategy of "prescription only for certain legislated illnesses" as being a first step is what keeps me from financially supporting certain organizations.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Top Bottom