Poll: Marijuana Law Reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support allowing physician-authorized patients to consume therapeutic cannabis

• yes

Votes: 278 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 71 20.3%

• Total voters

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep me straight here.

Opponents to medical use of MJ believe it is just a ploy for the legalization of MJ across the board?
Or, do they believe there is actually no legitimate use for MJ in the medical field?

Likewise, do proponents see medical use as a way to further the cause of full legalization?
And, are less concerned about the medicinal use than they are about making pot legal?

Both camps seem to be a little disingenuous to me.

My personal opinion is to legalize and regulate similar as alcohol.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's really kind of a stupid argument to claim taxes will fund this and that, it has medicinal uses, blah blah blah. It's more basic than that, really.

The Federal Government has an agency or two that regulate prescription drugs currently.....has this regulation stopped prescription drug abuse? Illegal transfers or sales of said prescriptions? Big success story?

For the record (Rick)- I don't smoke dope, drink, use tobacco, or partake in many of the vices that plague a lot of us. (clean and sober for 23 years)
Laws didn't cause me to derail my life, laws didn't help me get back on track.

In fact, most of my life I have skirted the law in one way or another, but never to cheat or take advantage of my fellow man. I like to call it "government avoidance".

Perhaps some who are less confident in their own abilities to control themselves actually desire government keeping them in line. I'm really sorry for those folks. My dad raised me to be a man, and not to be someone who needs looked after. I'd like to extend that same respect to the rest of the citizens.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Serious question. Do you think that will stop the way pot is sold and distributed now? And don't compare it to alcohol.

Yes. The majority of people would probably prefer to go to Walgreens and pick up a quality-controlled product than meet up with some dude who grows it himself. Since we can't compare it to alcohol, I'll compare it to tobacco. It's legal to grow tobacco, but 99% of people still run down to 7-11 for their fix.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are cartels south of the border used to making millions of dollars selling pot in the US Do you think that they are going to just give up their business.

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's really kind of a stupid argument to claim taxes will fund this and that, it has medicinal uses, blah blah blah. It's more basic than that, really.

The Federal Government has an agency or two that regulate prescription drugs currently.....has this regulation stopped prescription drug abuse? Illegal transfers or sales of said prescriptions? Big success story?

For the record (Rick)- I don't smoke dope, drink, use tobacco, or partake in many of the vices that plague a lot of us. (clean and sober for 23 years)
Laws didn't cause me to derail my life, laws didn't help me get back on track.

In fact, most of my life I have skirted the law in one way or another, but never to cheat or take advantage of my fellow man. I like to call it "government avoidance".

Perhaps some who are less confident in their own abilities to control themselves actually desire government keeping them in line. I'm really sorry for those folks. My dad raised me to be a man, and not to be someone who needs looked after. I'd like to extend that same respect to the rest of the citizens.

Congratulations , and /Good Point

NO MORE LAWS

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There are cartels south of the border used to making millions of dollars selling pot in the US Do you think that they are going to just give up their business.

Gangsters running rum during prohibition went the way of the dinosaur when prohibition ended. They stopped runnung rum and moved on to supplying other vices.

If pot becomes readily available in retail markets what other option would the modern day equivalent have other than to switch the product they currently distribute to something else.

Latest posts

Top Bottom