Poll: Marijuana Law Reform

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you support allowing physician-authorized patients to consume therapeutic cannabis

• yes

Votes: 278 79.7%
  • no

Votes: 71 20.3%

• Total voters

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Always got to compare it to alcohol.

Other than marijuana being less harmful to the user, how does it differ from alcohol?

Sounds like you do not want to accept the fact that drinkers and tokers are the same type. "Have a seat in the bar with the other drunks and their equals, the potheads"!

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other than marijuana being less harmful to the user, how does it differ from alcohol?

Sounds like you do not want to accept the fact that drinkers and tokers are the same type. "Have a seat in the bar with the other drunks and their equals, the potheads"!

Trust me. You know not who you are speaking to. And you are wrong about the harmful effects of pot use.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep me straight here.

Opponents to medical use of MJ believe it is just a ploy for the legalization of MJ across the board?
Or, do they believe there is actually no legitimate use for MJ in the medical field?

Likewise, do proponents see medical use as a way to further the cause of full legalization?
And, are less concerned about the medicinal use than they are about making pot legal?

Both camps seem to be a little disingenuous to me.

I believe there are medical benefits to marijuana, I have seen repetitive first hand proof of some of the examples I posted in an earlier post, I also stated in advance in my very first post on this subject that I believe it should be generally available, and as such I would vote for medicinal usage if it were to ever come up for a vote. I see prescription marijuana as a stepping stone. It's so easy to get your red card in California that for all intents and purposes it is recreational. There are California doctors buying billboard space in Nevada advertising what amounts to come see us for a $150 office visit we'll find a reason to justify getting you a red card so you can go buy weed at the dispensary. So no I don't feel I am being disingenuous since I have stated my position in advance. Even if it never goes further than prescription only the medical industry will always wind up with doctors who out of genuine belief in the benefits of marijuana, or greed who will dispense prescriptions like candy.

Narcotic pain killers are so tightly regulated it's stupid, yet he prescription pill abuse still remains in Oklahoma. Kinda like Meth, making it harder and harder to get ingredients for a production scale operation meant that individuals learned how to make it themselves and the number of labs skyrocketed rather than falling. Since Mick the meth head could no longer get his crank from a local dealer that was buying from a cook that was wholesaling to the dealers Mick had to cut out the middle man and engage in the risky method of cooking 1 pot meth.

I know how to brew beer and make wine it's a novelty though it's far easier for me to go find a quality beer or wine I enjoy. I could distill my own alcohol, but again that's a big pain in the ass for the amount I drink it's easier to pay for convenience and go buy it. I could probably grow a plant, but in all honesty I couldn't do as well as some grower who has a passion for it so I'd buy from a dispensary. Just like I could probably make my own lower receivers but its more efficient to just go buy one. If I have a legal route or an illegal route I'm gonna roll right into Walgreens and get a dime bag of purple kush or northern lights grown in Oregon any day of the week rather than take a chance on some crappy stuff from a street dealer.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Trust me. You know not who you are speaking to. And you are wrong about the harmful effects of pot use.

I don't know who you are but the harmful effects of pot use are far less than other drugs.

Lets rank some things in order of most addictive to least addicitve

1) nicotine - LEGAL for anyone over the age of 18
2) heroin -LEGAL with a prescription in synthetic form along with many derivatives all by prescription
3) alcohol -LEGAL for anyone over the age of 21
4) cocaine- LEGAL used in medicine as a topical anesthetic, several synthetic versions available over the counter as well that could be refined and abused
5) caffeine - LEGAL for anyone, teenagers are sucking down massive quantitiies of it every day, has some nasty withdrawal symptoms as well.
6) cannabis - ILLEGAL do not pass go, do not collect $200, go straight to Jail.

The least physically addictive drug on the list above, and it's completely illegal.

People with addictive personalities can destroy their lives and the lives of their families with a Twitter addiction or Facebook addiction. So when discussing psychological dependence that's a whole nother can of worms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom