POLL: Rifle Stocks; Style

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which do you prefer and why?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So let's say a feller was to put a 2 X 7 X 32 scope on top of medium rings on his hog back CZ .22, and he didn't like the Cheek Weld...he could add something like a Cheek Riser to it and stuff foam pads in there to get it to the right height. Something like the one in this photo?
CZ 455 with Vortex and Pad II.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
So let's say a feller was to put a 2 X 7 X 32 scope on top of medium rings on his hog back CZ .22, and he didn't like the Cheek Weld...he could add something like a Cheek Riser to it and stuff foam pads in there to get it to the right height. Something like the one in this photo?
View attachment 152878
I've seen guys using an adjustable ammo wrap on the stock and adding some padding underneath it to get the cheek weld right.

Something like this...

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/101962403

Last edited:

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
View attachment 152878
I have a 1-4x20 Leupold on my 452, and I don't mind the hog back stock. It isn't like the fierce recoil of the .22LR cartridge is going to cause the stock to roll up and slap you in the face. It would be a problem on a .30-'06, but not on the .22.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have a 1-4x20 Leupold on my 452, and I don't mind the hog back stock. It isn't like the fierce recoil of the .22LR cartridge is going to cause the stock to roll up and slap you in the face. It would be a problem on a .30-'06, but not on the .22.
True dat!

Latest posts

Top Bottom