Pot Smoker Beware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lot of faux facts here.

It's simply impossible to get as impaired by smoking pot as you can by drinking alcohol. You can literally drink until you fall down, can't stand back up on your own, and die. It's physiologically impossible to come anywhere close to that state of being by using marijuana. I agree you shouldn't drive while impaired, but to say marijuana is as altering as alcohol is simply false.

Pot doesn't turn people into unmotivated losers. Those people would have been unmotivated losers without the pot. Just as ZombieHunter would be all ZombieHuntery without the pot. I guarantee you we could flush his stash and he'd still be all ZombieHuntery.

The ironic thing is that you can be a daily user of amphetamines, opiates, barbiturates and a whole host of psychotropic drugs and still be OK to by a gun per 4473. Or an alcoholic.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a solution to all this fuss. I don't drink, smoke, or otherwise. Just coffee and aspirin.

All you lawless dopers and heavy drinkers, just bring me your guns. I will hold them for you. Mostly in my hand. If you have any ammo, please bring that too. I'll need it, obviously.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pot doesn't turn people into unmotivated losers. Those people would have been unmotivated losers without the pot. Just as ZombieHunter would be all ZombieHuntery without the pot. I guarantee you we could flush his stash and he'd still be all ZombieHuntery.

What's this you say?! I hope you know that I had a friend years ago, get lost while driving in his own apartment complex. Those that know what used to be? "The Falls" in Tulsa will understand. This poor man parked his car (dunno why) and walked back to the apartment. His Whataburger taquito run was like totally ruined.....

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What's this you say?! I hope you know that I had a friend years ago, get lost while driving in his own apartment complex. Those that know what used to be? "The Falls" in Tulsa will understand. This poor man parked his car (dunno why) and walked back to the apartment. His Whataburger taquito run was like totally ruined.....

You're friends with Ron Shock? Awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1bidlcsHTs&t=3m28s

purplehaze

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
fighting faux facts with faux facts

Lot of faux facts here.

It's simply impossible to get as impaired by smoking pot as you can by drinking alcohol. You can literally drink until you fall down, can't stand back up on your own, and die. It's physiologically impossible to come anywhere close to that state of being by using marijuana. I agree you shouldn't drive while impaired, but to say marijuana is as altering as alcohol is simply false.

The ironic thing is that you can be a daily user of amphetamines, opiates, barbiturates and a whole host of psychotropic drugs and still be OK to by a gun per 4473. Or an alcoholic.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But, you don't have to fill out a 4473 to purchase a firearm. Just don't purchase from an FFL holder.

As for the 4473 being used against you, they would have to have evidence that you were an unlawful user at the time immediately surrounding the purchase. If your lawyer tells you to plea out on such a thing, fire them and find a better one.

ZH stated in this thread that he had, in fact, purchased firearms at H&H while high. That's a big no-no whether the salesman realizes you are high or not. All it would take would be ZH being pulled over after said purchase and having the gun in his possession to make the use of the 4473 a open-and-shut case.

I will maintain until the day I die that H&H DOES NOT knowingly sell to folks who are impaired (or let them shoot on the range). I threw more than one person out of that place for being impaired and I have seen the range guys since then who did not allow people to shoot because of their behavior at the range counter. ZH can tell me all he wants that he can hide it. Maybe from some folks but from someone like me who was a bartender for years, an active user for years and all but married to a man whose entire purpose in life was to be stoned 24/7 for so many years I am embarrassed to admit how long I bet he can't hide it from me. Jeff told me after we had broken up that a big part of the reason he couldn't be with me is that I knew EVERY SINGLE TIME he was high when I saw him. Now, that might have just been my familiarity with him but based on my experiences at H&H I don't think so. More than one fella asked me after I told him he couldn't shoot how I knew he was high. It's not always the smell either. I suspect it is because I was a user before I met GC ... takes one to know one kinda deal ... But again ... I've been wrong before.

Bottom line is there is a certain amount of personal responsibility that needs to be observed. Endangering others by driving while impaired, or shooting at a public range while impaired is the height of personal IRRESPONSIBILITY in my opinion. It is folks like ZH who create problems for the rest of us who enjoy certain activities (or in my case used to) in a responsible manner.

Never mind the negative health issues created by heavy, long-term use ...

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pot doesn't turn people into unmotivated losers. Those people would have been unmotivated losers without the pot.

Sorry dude, I've seen too much evidence with my own eyes to the contrary ... Occasional use is one thing ... lighting up night and day, day after day is quite another ... Alcohol, pot, prescription drugs, peyote, etc. ... they are all okay in moderation ... but when you begin to start and end you day with them and your only purpose for the hours in between is to make sure the high is extended throughout the entire day you have an issue ... and motivation is the first thing to go out the window ... well, except for the motivation to get f'd up ...

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Something you guys havn't thought about is it doesnt matter what the law says on weed, Most emplyers dont base they're drug testing on the law, they base it one not wanting they're employees stoned....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom