Pot Smoker Beware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you just make this stuff up? Anyone that has half a brain knows both industries have something to gain by drug use. In fact, I can't see how the tobacco industry doesn't get all excited when we talk about legalizing mary jane.

It's actually a song lyric.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do you just make this stuff up? Anyone that has half a brain knows both industries have something to gain by drug use. In fact, I can't see how the tobacco industry doesn't get all excited when we talk about legalizing mary jane.

Not that I quiz all pot smokers, but I can't recall a single one that has stated they would drink the same amount or more if pot were legalized, they've all said they'd drink a lot less. Myself included, back in the day, and it wasn't just an empty claim either, I rarely drank anything besides water, tea, and strawberry milk.

I don't know much on the stance on pot smokers and tobacco. In the UK, it's common to mix backy in with marijuana, but that's not practiced much in the states. Being addicted to nicotine, I don't know if smoking pot would really alter the amount (+/-) of tobacco smoked, but I'd love to see some statistics.

Going off your comment, I'm surprised companies like Pepsico, Frito Lay, etc aren't out there rallying in the streets with all the hippies. Can you imagine what would happen to Frito Lay stocks if pot were legalized across the US? I'd also look into Denny's franchises.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pot protects against strokes... wow. There's a new one I haven't heard. ;)

And the founding fathers were "probably stoned" while fighting the Revolutionary War.

Gotta love it.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not that I quiz all pot smokers, but I can't recall a single one that has stated they would drink the same amount or more if pot were legalized, they've all said they'd drink a lot less. Myself included, back in the day, and it wasn't just an empty claim either, I rarely drank anything besides water, tea, and strawberry milk.

Drinking I get, I just don't see the industry putting THAT much time or effort either way. The tobacco industry already has all the plans and logistics ready to go to put the fun stuff into mass production if they get the green light. To me that would be worth billions..... something worth lobbying for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom