Pot Smoker Beware

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pot protects against strokes... wow. There's a new one I haven't heard. ;)

And the founding fathers were "probably stoned" while fighting the Revolutionary War.

Gotta love it.

Not that I'm for it, but it actually is scientifically proven to prevent prostate cancer, glaucoma, reduce blood-pressure, and several other things.

But more importantly, the ATF is over-stepping their boundaries on this one - they don't have the right to decree such stipulations on firearm sales and to be perfectly honest, they don't have the right to step on any of the State's rights to pass their own laws (in some states, Marijuana isn't illegal).

Think about it this way - what if the Fed government outlawed your favorite guilty pleasure (single-malt Scotch, certain cigars, whatever), but Oklahoma laughed at that and kept that same thing legal. Then the ATF steps in and tries to enforce that law regardless of what Oklahoma says and refuses to sell you a gun.

Its like the old Nazi saying - when they came for the (legal) pot-smoker's rights, I didn't say anything because I wasn't a pot-smoker...

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
But more importantly, the ATF is over-stepping their boundaries on this one - they don't have the right to decree such stipulations on firearm sales and to be perfectly honest, they don't have the right to step on any of the State's rights to pass their own laws (in some states, Marijuana isn't illegal).

Well, yes and no. The Federal government (congress) has overstepped their boundaries by 1) criminalizing marijuana and 2) putting the ownership restrictions on firearms, specifically those related to the the use of controlled substances. There are core Constitutionality questions with both of those actions, as described above. The ATF has gotten a more than a few "wild hairs" in the past, but this really isn't one of those instances.

As the federal agency tasked with regulating and enforcing firearms ownership pursuant to US Code, the ATF is simply doing what they are supposed to do as an agency, for better or worse.

None of this should be construed as agreement with this sort of federal control or existence of such extraneous agencies.

TulsaBandit

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm with Ron Paul on this one. These are issues that should be up to the states and not the federal government. I don't see there being any widespread legalization anytime soon, but it would be nice if we could decriminalize for small amounts for the short term. It's ridiculous that someone caught with a roach or a joint 3 times can face life in prison while a rapist or child molester can see parole.

SlammerG_89

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bet only kommiefornians would be stupid enough to show their medical marijuana card while buying a gun. I have never been drug tested while buying one so i almost guarentee you could get one if you were high or were a user. So why be an idiot and bring attention to yourself, use common sense. The only way they will deny you is if you are visibly strung out, you show your mary jane id or when they call in your form something shows up. Another example of overstepping boundaries by our gov and stupidity by the masses. No i do not use drugs and I hardly drink. Only vice i have is fine cigars and some sippin wiskey.

hanson405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I don't believe that the ATF is overstepping any bounds. Federal law prohibits the use of marijuana, medical card or not. Just because it is legal in a specific state, doesn't mean you can't be arrested for it by a federal agent. The ATF is simply stating that you cannot own a gun and be in violation of the law.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm torn here.

You see, I really want to troll ZombieHunter because, well, he's ZombieHunter. But I'm also disgusted in 2011 we still have people willing to swallow and regurgitate the drug war propaganda.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom