Poverty watches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not having a pot to pee in or a window to throw it out of you fellas have finally got down to my price range in watches.

Never could afford one of them high dollar fancy Timex watches so I wore a beater $30.00 Armitron from Wally World for ten+ years till I retired and pretty much quit wearing a watch, it kept good time and I just had to replace batteries once in awhile.....still have it and as far as I know all it needs is a new battery put in it.

I did move up in quality a few years back and purchased a solid gold $140.00 Citizen dress watch that I wear now and then when I really want to impress folks.

armitron.jpg

citize BF2013-56E.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I posted this in the ‘which watch’ thread too. It’s here because I got this in an eBay auction along with the little Elgin I wore last week, a Seiko quartz and another quartz watch. Also came with most of a pocket watch movement and two cool vintage tins of watch parts. The whole auction was $32. Not sure how it slipped through the cracks but it did.
50FF0F29-0EBC-4493-A6DA-446C8F555A42.jpeg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This one has a bit of a story. In 93 mom and dad rode the Goldwing up to Niagara Falls, across Canada and up in to Alaska. At some point dad looked down and his watch was gone. He always had day/date watches and this is probably the cheapest one he could get to get home. He can’t remember if he bought it in Canada or Alaska.
F6AC3423-BDEF-4103-A410-C7BEF5B29C06.jpeg

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This one has a bit of a story. In 93 mom and dad rode the Goldwing up to Niagara Falls, across Canada and up in to Alaska. At some point dad looked down and his watch was gone. He always had day/date watches and this is probably the cheapest one he could get to get home. He can’t remember if he bought it in Canada or Alaska.
View attachment 405271
That's a cool story. My old man had one watch from the time I was 12 until he passed 11 years ago. I gave it to him and among the things he wanted to be buried with, the watch was one of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom