Poverty watches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Seiko quartz that I paid 5 or 10 bucks for at a flea market. It had a bracelet on it that got moved to another watch. Just the bracelet was worth the purchase price. Put a battery in it and a cheap Walmart band. Makes for a decent looking piece.
EEC1039F-F81B-4361-B488-D2DB91A87057.jpeg

Hirschkopf

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my only watch not made by Apple; a Seiko quartz chronograph Sports 150. Bought it in 1992 at the Schofield Barracks Exchange and the dear wife deemed it my 5th anniversary present - still have it and her 31 years later. The battery is dead and I think it needs a good cleaning and new crystal. Should see if anyone in OK wants another resurrection project
IMG_4676.jpeg

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got the green one. My pool/yard watch. Helluva deal.

Teddy Baldessare and several other watch guys/reviewers consider it to be the best dive watch under $200. And thats at full retail. Only complaint is the lume, but in real world situations, its never really been an issue. I wear it in the pool, lake, ocean, anywhere it would get wet or I would use a "diver" and it's held up great. Bezel got a little wonky after the ocean, but just made sure I rinsed it well in the shower and all was good. I got my son the blue/black (batman) and will throw the bracelet in his stocking at Christmas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom