Poverty watches

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
This one was scratched up with no band. I think it was $24 shipped. Still doing a little work on the crystal.
6F91CB6D-7077-4F2A-8B77-C37AD3938035.jpeg

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a little Timex that I bought in a dime store in Tucumcari New Mexico when I was working out there as a kid. It was a dirt simple thing that had an analog dial and the date at three o’clock. There was a third hand that was for the alarm which you set and turned on and off with a second little crown. I think I paid ten or twelve bucks for that thing and it was flawless for years and years until I broke the crystal out of it and drowned it in a ditch. I never throw anything away that is remotely identifiable so I hope to dumb across it in a box of FOD one of these days. I’ll definitely have to flex that one on y’all.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
20231019_152548.png

Crystal needs work and maybe some work on the case but kind of looks cool with the age of the watch.... bracelet will be switched for a Nato band when I decide what color scheme to go with.... so many choices lol.
Westclox collection up to 2 lol.

TANSTAAFL

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, gotta ask, what is a "poverty watch?" Sub $150 pricing only? Some of these were higher end, especially the Lucien Piccard, Seiko's and Citizens when they were originally sold. In My mind the Casio Diver probably Qualifies. I have a Sector, it was over $700 new back in 1995, now if running only commands about $100 on ebay.

As the Immortal George Hamilton stated in his classic "Zorro: The Gay Blade" "People, it's not a sin to be poor, only poorly dressed..."

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, gotta ask, what is a "poverty watch?" Sub $150 pricing only? Some of these were higher end, especially the Lucien Piccard, Seiko's and Citizens when they were originally sold. In My mind the Casio Diver probably Qualifies. I have a Sector, it was over $700 new back in 1995, now if running only commands about $100 on ebay.

As the Immortal George Hamilton stated in his classic "Zorro: The Gay Blade" "People, it's not a sin to be poor, only poorly dressed..."
What you paid for it ....... $30ish even if you seem to find those "steals" that @dlbleak seems to find all the time for a watch that should cost more.... I also have a Seiko kinetic waiting on a strap, I found that was for parts but it only needed a battery.

Latest posts

Top Bottom