Pre Rut still? Or has it started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thats 24yards from the front of the blind to the camera. We tried to connect tonight, but were 2 hours too late. We had hoped that some estrus baiting might bring him back around. We have him on several other cameras, but this is the first time we have pictures of him sniffing hard, and lookin' for love. We sat till legal light was over and packed it in. Our hope is to have a come-to location when forage gets lean. Between a few manual feeding areas like this, some mineral drops and the food plot thats coming into it's own, we hope to keep the ladies fat and happy, and the boys getting their 'needs met' as well. This is bruiser #4 we identified as regulars to our little honey-hole.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
This property backs up to the cimmaron river, so they come and go as they please for the most part. We've been watching a similar buck all summer, but we're not 100% sure this is it. Face geometry doesn't quite match up, and we normally see him on a different cam.

So I'd hazard a guess as just passing through. we'll see if we get another photo of him. Maybe he's stopping over long enough to come to dinner. . . :-)

fluxed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, just spent Fri, Sat and this morning in the stand. 23 hours total between 3 stands. It was a mixed bag between seeing nothing to a few smaller 8's chasing does. Tried every trick in the book, but it was sloooow. Not a single kill on our place yet.

The good news is we have tons of traveler bucks showing up on cams. Boys we have never seen before or from miles away on other peoples cams.

This is in SE.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My FIL has seen very little deer on his 1000ac lease since the start of Bow season. This is on the boarder of Cherokee and Adair Co's just outside of Cookson. I'll be coming out on Nov 20th for the rifle opener and hoping for the deer to heat up and the weather to be cold. I can hope, right?

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a small 5 point come in from downwind at 8. I'm using Estrous as a cover scent. Rattled in a larger 4 point at 9. Guess I'll just stay seated and see if the big boys are wanting to play yet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom