Pre Rut still? Or has it started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Another example of check you pic before you post, lol...

Trip down to Wynnewood yesterday We started seeing venison on the side of the road about 10 miles past Purcell. Averaged one doe every 10 miles on either side of the road. something has them really moving. Reports of collisions are up, so I'd say the rut is either on, or just starting.

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say starting or on...... I saw a fork chasing a bunch of does yesterday morning. Then about 30 mins later a big 8 that I almost got to shoot came in grunting, snorting, and generally pissed off. Nose to ground, he got to within 20 of my stand but with nothing but a chest shot I held. Heard the fork and does crashing up the draw, swiveled his head and sprinted after them....:mad:

BOTLDPONY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
been out in the stand last three mornings and one evening, not one sighting! where did they go?
my hopes are down for tonights hunt going to change up and go to a fresh stand that no one has sat in all year. Maybe see something.

Jeremy1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
been out in the stand last three mornings and one evening, not one sighting! where did they go?
my hopes are down for tonights hunt going to change up and go to a fresh stand that no one has sat in all year. Maybe see something.

Well, if you are hunting in or around where your location says, check the ranger station on Alameda! Last week I saw a six and a fork and a spike in the field east of the building there. LOL But, seriously, I hunted an area down that way Monday and Wednesday. Saw a glimpse of a doe Monday and a bobcat Wednesday. Never seen a bobcat out there! Weird.... I hope it holds of for another week. The deer I saw South of Purcell this weekend were definately chasing.....

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Saw a couple of deer on the side of the road today close to the house. Burned 420 miles worth of diesel since Friday afternoon, including the 2 I saw this morning.......4 dead deer along the road in those 420 miles.

aviator41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Picked this guy up on the camera today. 2 minutes before this photo is a nice looking doe waltzing through.

at least in our north location near crescent, I'm comfortable saying it's on. Notice the time on the photo, it's accurate.

image.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom