Pre Rut still? Or has it started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't put too much stock into moon phases. I think it can influence things, but is certainly not the basis for kicking off breeding times. It fluctuates by weeks year to year, yet the peak breeding is much more precise every year. This year the Harvest Moon was actually in September.

That's what I never understood about the moon theory's. The moon phase they claim that controls is can fluctuate up to a month from year to year. But the ruts never fluctuates....
Makes yo go Hmmmmm :/ .........

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Sitting the stand.......I can't ever remember this many leaves on the trees during ML. Usually they're yellow and raining down all around me by this last weekend. This elm tree I'm in, could pass for July.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Had an 8pt and a 6pt come through early, they seemed to enjoy each others company. Last light had a fork horn wander through. GW said he's starting to seem some older deer out cruising.

okieshooter777

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My trail cam is saying that the bucks have yet to start pushing does around yet. That's close to changing.

I think I'm close to you and I saw 1 110" - 120" deer right behind a giant doe today at 5 pm 50 yards away another buck same size was closing in quickly to her too. Weren't dogging her but following her and not leaving her side in the middle of a field in bright sunlight!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I saw two bucks I haven't seen this season this morning. Ones neck was swollen and wrinkled, and he was wanting to fight the other. The young 6 point decided to wander off.

makeithappen

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I'm close to you and I saw 1 110" - 120" deer right behind a giant doe today at 5 pm 50 yards away another buck same size was closing in quickly to her too. Weren't dogging her but following her and not leaving her side in the middle of a field in bright sunlight!!

Nice! It's all dependent on when the does decide to kick in and the testosterone levels in the bucks....sounds like you and Dennis have a few that are ready to get the party started.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sitting in the stand right now...
Had a nice muture buck come just out of range earlier. He layed down out in front of me for a bit. 4 doe come across the field by him and he just watched them walk by. Then he got up and walked off the other direction the does went.
Didn't pay them to much attention....

Latest posts

Top Bottom