Pre Rut still? Or has it started

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bill allen

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Three of us hunted yesterday morning in southern Creek county. We were each on a different food plot and two of them had feeders as well. I saw a doe and fawn. The next guy saw one deer running through the woods at 250 yards and the last guy saw nothing. There are few tracks and not as many pictures as usual. I sure wouldn't take off of work to hunt quite yet. I expect things to greatly improve this coming week but right now it is very slow in our deery woods.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
After tonight, I'm convinced that they're in lock down...............................................................................................................:lookaroun

DFX

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nothing in my neck of the woods. Some does are forming herds. The only buck spotted was a small forkhorn still in velvet.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
10 does on the food plot tonight. No bucks.

Buddy that hunts about 20 miles away has 4 camera's out. Buck pics are from 3-4 am. I've never put a lot of stock in the solar/lunar tables for game movement, but this season for MZ its has been really close. I've hunted every morning and evening of MZ season. Tomorrow morning is It, then fill the feeders, and back to work.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had a big one chase a doe past me this morning at McAAP and all the 4 guys in our group jad the same thing happen yesterday or today. They really turned on Saturday.

Sent from my SCH-R760 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Top Bottom