Preppers and fitness

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep ... I got my tennis ball ready ... :P

I used a belt to grab the top of my foot then pulled back to get a really good stretch, sort of like using a yoga band. Just don't put any weight on it at all until after you stretch it out really well. PT will help. I was like you I thought I just bruised my heel or something but it just kept getting worse I'd never even heard of p.f. My doc was also on me for not coming in sooner threatened me with shots in the foot, surgery blah blah blah then she was like try stretching every day and take advil for inflammation it took a few weeks but I was right as rain once it healed up.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OH!! I have a yoga band ... I'll use that in the morning.I really think those splints are gonna help a lot. Wait til I get those things and put them on for bed ... THAT'LL be something we've not "done" before ... :lmfao:

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've got it. We will get a field stretcher and let 2 of them carry you! Hop off for the shooting stages and then back on for the running course.

Someone tried that during the very first RnG...it was almost rougher on the 'casualty' than it was the carriers. Lol.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've got it. We will get a field stretcher and let 2 of them carry you! Hop off for the shooting stages and then back on for the running course.

I better go on a water and air diet, then ... :P

Someone tried that during the very first RnG...it was almost rougher on the 'casualty' than it was the carriers. Lol.

I can see that. When I was in college a bunch of us went camping up in the Talihina Mountains. One of the guys really FUBARed his ankle and we had to drag him out ... tried taking turns carrying him, that didn't work out too well ... poor guy ... took us a couple of hours to get back to the truck, so it's not like we were even that far in. He was bawling like a baby by the time we got there.

And for the record, I was a LOT younger, thinner and in better shape back then AND there were 3 of us so we could take turns dragging him. Even then it was HARD work ... :shocked:
I've got no illusions about where I'm gonna place ... :P First, second, third ... Hell, even 25th, 26th and 27th places are for you young buckaroos ... last place, however, is FIRMLY within my grasp, though ... :rotflmao:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I better go on a water and air diet, then ... :P

I can see that. When I was in college a bunch of us went camping up in the Talihina Mountains. One of the guys really FUBARed his ankle and we had to drag him out ... tried taking turns carrying him, that didn't work out too well ... poor guy ... took us a couple of hours to get back to the truck, so it's not like we were even that far in. He was bawling like a baby by the time we got there.

And for the record, I was a LOT younger, thinner and in better shape back then AND there were 3 of us so we could take turns dragging him. Even then it was HARD work ... :shocked:
I've got no illusions about where I'm gonna place ... :P First, second, third ... Hell, even 25th, 26th and 27th places are for you young buckaroos ... last place, however, is FIRMLY within my grasp, though ... :rotflmao:

There will be some serious competition if I'm involved. We're about the same speed but you shoot better. ;)

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There will be some serious competition if I'm involved. We're about the same speed but you shoot better. ;)

Hmmmm, I dunno about that. You're a pretty good shot. Still, I'm looking forward to this. Even if I do have to walk the course ... I used to LOVE doing USPSA matches where they had scenarios ... and I LOVE shooting steel ... :naughty:

I need to get out to Henry's and get mine and GC's memberships ... I kinda need to practice ... :hyper:

Latest posts

Top Bottom