Private Ammo Sales

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is it with people trying to sell basic FMJ ammo here at a higher price than you can buy in several discount stores these days?

Why would you pay more for WWB from an individual than you would at Academy or Walmart?

B

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is it with people trying to sell basic FMJ ammo here at a higher price than you can buy in several discount stores these days?

Why would you pay more for WWB from an individual than you would at Academy or Walmart?

B

1. Because you can't find it at your Academy or WalMart

2. Because the closest Academy is 60 miles away so you would have to add the cost of your gas, time, tolls and vehicle

3. Because you can't find it at your Academy or Walmart and you want/need it now.

4. Because by getting it privately, you are not on any store surveilance video.

5. Because if you could find it at your local WalMart, they might have a 2 box limit on it and it wouldn't be worth the time and effort.

6. Did I mention that it might not be in stock locally?

Just to name a few.

Dave

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That and some folks just want to make a buck. I am not knocking someone for doing that, but I just dont think it is right to buy all of the WM ammo for resale instead of leaving some for the next guy.

I totally agree. Someone who buys all the ammo JUST to turn a profit is "muy malo" in my book.

Right now, I only will buy if there is a large amount available on the shelves. Now I will admit that in the past, I was guilty of buying the only 10 boxes available. But in my defense, the only times I did that was when I knew someone had been looking for it for a while and I was getting it for them.

Dave

Koolhandlinc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if the issue really is people purchasing for resale stop buying from them and let them set on the ammo for a while and they will stop buying and then the store shelves like Wally World will begin to fill up. Last I seen the shelves are still bare.

So I guess people will keep purchasing for individuals for more than they would have to pay at Wally World

blackknight22

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally I will not buy ammo from these people. They want it bad enough to run all the WMs and then try to sell it on the gun boards, gun shows etc. I hope they end sitting on enough to last them their life time.

Well if the issue really is people purchasing for resale stop buying from them and let them set on the ammo for a while and they will stop buying and then the store shelves like Wally World will begin to fill up. Last I seen the shelves are still bare.

So I guess people will keep purchasing for individuals for more than they would have to pay at Wally World

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't understand why you'd buy WallyWorld-sold ammo at a higher price either - unless it just hasn't been in stock locally for the buyer.

There is tax to consider as well. Buy 500 rounds and the tax becomes a significant part of it - one box's worth of money.

All the same, I've been surprised by the number of ammo sales that have gone through the site for unattractive prices. Generally, the good stuff priced well will sell within minutes.

azmrb

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because some of them have been visiting WM and buying up everything on the shelf for months. :disappoin

After the shelves at WM are empty, panicky buyers are more willing to pay exorbitant prices for ordinary FMJ ammo.

Don't tell anyone tho. It's a secret. :)

DirtyDawg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For the record, the ammo that I have been selling is good quality ammo that you can't get at WallyWorld, especially in bulk. I placed this "bulk" order over 6 months ago, and, fronted the order with cash. My partner backed out when it arrived, thus, I got stuck with twice the amount that I needed. And, got stuck with a huge bill unexpectedly.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For the record, the ammo that I have been selling is good quality ammo that you can't get at WallyWorld, especially in bulk. I placed this "bulk" order over 6 months ago, and, fronted the order with cash. My partner backed out when it arrived, thus, I got stuck with twice the amount that I needed. And, got stuck with a huge bill unexpectedly.

If this thread started as a critisism of someone specific, I sure didn't mean to continue it.

Not my usual style to piss in someone else's coffee. Well, not usually.

Dave

Latest posts

Top Bottom