Proper procedure for notifying LEO of CC?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkothe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read thru the regulations, I understand if you are contacted by a LEO that you are required to immediately notify him/her that you are licensed and carrying (if it applies).
My question is what if you are a passenger in a car that has been stopped (speeding, no turn signal etc etc) but have not been addressed directly by the officer.....do you by law or by courtesy have to let them know you are licensed and carrying?
As a LEO, what do you like people to do in this situation?

DNO

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I pull mine and hand it to the driver and more often than not they, whether it be my wife or a friend, slide it behind their DL and HL and let the officer know that we are both permit holders and have out weapons. Rather it come up right off then have to deal with ask why I didn't notify earlier.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I lived in CT and ME I wouldn't mention it unless asked because it wasn't required. Now that I'm in OK I'm not sure what I would do. But I'd argue if I'm a passenger then I have not been contacted by LEO the driver has and keep quiet unless asked.

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Especially the Off duty , security Guards....no notification required...8/

If Im a passenger , theres no duty to notify, unless LEO asks for My ID...contact=notify.

Wait what? Off duty security have no duty to notify? Did I understand that correctly? How about licensed PIs?

twoguns?

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait what? Off duty security have no duty to notify? Did I understand that correctly? How about licensed PIs?

No duty to notify unless contacted by an Officer during the Offical business.

No duty to notify to an off duty LEO doing a Security job, or directly contact as a passenger.

Dont even have to talk to licensed PI, but I ...Might, just to see what hes doing..8/

SeanO

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No duty to notify unless contacted by an Officer during the Offical business.

No duty to notify to an off duty LEO doing a Security job, or directly contact as a passenger.

Dont even have to talk to licensed PI, but I ...Might, just to see what hes doing..8/

Ok gotcha... Thought you meant of duty security don't have to notify on duty LEO.... Which is why I also brought up the do PIs have to notify....

I wouldn't notify a security guard either regardless of him being an off duty LEO or not

Latest posts

Top Bottom