Protesting Downtown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it's a bit like the bonus army
except this lot haven't done anything useful, haven't served their country, and they don't know what they want.

BUT THINGS ARE BAD, MAN.

Roadking Larry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Secret bunker in an undisclosed location.
Everybody print one of these up and lets go play.
Loser buys the beer.

i23.photobucket.com_albums_b398_FLHRI_OK_hippiebingo.jpg

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK ... I got a look at some of these folks today (gee, thanks SMS ;) ) ... I can see why some of them are having trouble getting a job ... good grief ...

But, you know, I have, in the past, led a less than stellar lifestyle ... And I have piercings and a tat or two to show for it ... NONE of them are in places where an employer (or prospective employer) could see them ... In fact, on the surface I am the epitomy of what an old woman should be ...

I bet most of you guys that have met me didn't know I have piercings anywhere but in my ears ... Again ... I am OLD, NOT dead ... lol

There's nothing wrong with being a wild child ... however, there is a time and a place for everything ... None of the places I worked at over the years would have given me a second look, no matter how talented I was, if I had come in with more metal in my face than was in the building we were sitting in or more color on my arms, chest and neck than the billboard outside, dressed in thrift store chic ... sheesh ...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Kubota and the Eastern Europeans ship tractor and heavy equipment parts here all the time... to beat the import taxes... that idles thousands of square feet representing untold dollars of capital investment... and reduced workforces, taxes and other negative impact on formerly "middle class" towns across America

Just to post a little info on this statement.
Currently, there are no tractors under 100 horsepower manufactured in the US.
If it has John Deere on it, it was manufactured in another country. If it a Massy, same deal. The manufactures made the decision to do this to stay profitable(some of your 401K investments may be included.) (keep what jobs they can, because of government interfearence) Coroporate Greed? HAHA! Is this not a business decision to keep the factory open? None of the Big Boys want to live in Pakistan.

The main problem with being profitable is because of Union wages and retirment benefits.
GM had to get a bail out from the Gov to recover from this. Why? At the time the original deal was struck, one could retire at 55 yrs old.
The death expectancy has gone from 72 to almost 80.
Retirement benefits have bankrupted this business.

The Congress has raped the SS fund.

Why do we not manufacture steel like we did back in the day? Its because the Unions, They fought technology,(Japenese built many steel mills using computer tech. Low cost, high return) preferring to pay huge wages for a low profit business. As the retired workforce aged, the retirement system failed, sending jobs overseas. Again, retirement, and failure of the unions to take concessions.

Currently, the largest tractor manufacturer in the world is Mahindra.
They built Jeeps for the US Army in WWII.

Let me state, I've been forced to be a member of the AFLCIO, and Teamsters unions.
Not by law, but by peer pressure.

In the day, unions had their place. Now, with competition between companies to hire the most qualified,(Old time retirements like pensions, VS 401k's) and the fact that major unions are biased to the democratic ticket, make me wonder if unions are just a funnel to to the Dems.
Unions are major contributors to political funds. Google it and see if I'm wrong.

I've worked within unions, and outside of unions.
I prefer outside.

Last edited:

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just to post a little info on this statement.
Currently, there are no tractors under 100 horsepower manufactured in the US.
If it has John Deere on it, it was manufactured in another country. If it a Massy, same deal. The manufactures made the decision to do this to stay profitable(some of your 401K investments may be included.) (keep what jobs they can, because of government interfearence) Coroporate Greed? HAHA! Is this not a business decision to keep the factory open? None of the Big Boys want to live in Pakistan.

The main problem with being profitable is because of Union wages and retirment benefits.
GM had to get a bail out from the Gov to recover from this. Why? At the time the original deal was struck, one could retire at 55 yrs old.
The death expectancy has gone from 72 to almost 80.
Retirement benefits have bankrupted this business.

The Congress has raped the SS fund.

Why do we not manufacture steel like we did back in the day? Its because the Unions, They fought technology,(Japenese built many steel mills using computer tech. Low cost, high return) preferring to pay huge wages for a low profit business. As the retired workforce aged, the retirement system failed, sending jobs overseas. Again, retirement, and failure of the unions to take concessions.

Currently, the largest tractor manufacturer in the world is Mahindra.
They built Jeeps for the US Army in WWII.

Let me state, I've been forced to be a member of the AFLCIO, and Teamsters unions.
Not by law, but by peer pressure.

In the day, unions had their place. Now, with competition between companies to hire the most qualified,(Old time retirements like pensions, VS 401k's) and the fact that major unions are biased to the democratic ticket, make me wonder if unions are just a funnel to to the Dems.
Unions are major contributors to political funds. Google it and see if I'm wrong.

I've worked within unions, and outside of unions.
I prefer outside.

Well said as usual Dennis. :clap3:

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
OK ... But, you know, I have, in the past, led a less than stellar lifestyle ... And I have piercings and a tat or two to show for it ... NONE of them are in places where an employer (or prospective employer) could see them ... In fact, on the surface I am the epitomy of what an old woman should be ...

^^This is true,but only on the surface!! LOL

Latest posts

Top Bottom