Protesting Downtown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unions are doing a great job for the employees at American Airlines. They may soon be unemployed when the company files for bankruptcy because it can't compete under their union deal that made their employees the highest paid in the industry. The .gov will then come in a bail out AA because unions are major campaign contributors. GM and Chrysler have long been uncompetitive because their union employees under produce and are over paid. Meanwhile, non-union shops like Toyota and Honda are doing just fine. Their employees are fairly compensated and take pride in their work. Claiming unions are good and big business is bad is humorous and inaccurate. Unions are no different than big business or big insurance. They are just paying the other party.

Although I believe unions have outlived their usefulness, I am not opposed to their existence. I also wouldn't lay all the blame at their feet. Neither unions or big business are the problem despite the propaganda spewed by each side about the other. They are merely symptoms of the problem. The problem is our political system of bribery and the politicians who profit from it. You can say big business is the problem and I can say unions are the problem. Let's get them all of politics. Unfortunately, the system is so corrupt now, I don't think it can be taken back.

Feet Dry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I said nothing, and neither did you, about american citizens specifically. you said "You'd condone the killing of others who don't agree with your point of view?". I have seen direct evidence of the US firebombing people who do not agree with our point of view. They think they should run their own country, their way, and we disagree, so.......poof....you die.....There's no stretch to it friend.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I said nothing, and neither did you, about american citizens specifically. you said "You'd condone the killing of others who don't agree with your point of view?". I have seen direct evidence of the US firebombing people who do not agree with our point of view. They think they should run their own country, their way, and we disagree, so.......poof....you die.....There's no stretch to it friend.

Cool story, bro. Try reading the whole thread.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Therefore, you believe that since the U.S. government does it, then it must be right.

At least that's what I read in the quoted post.

Larry Morgan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's about some other lazy whiners who want to build a utopia with other people's money...and on the backs of other people's labor.

They think they deserve to make a good living as artists, writers, activists, and students....even if nobody likes the products they produce or even if they don't produce a skill, service, or product that the market desires.

Annnnnnd, I'll take that as a no.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, it's about some other lazy whiners who want to build a utopia with other people's money...and on the backs of other people's labor.

They think they deserve to make a good living as artists, writers, activists, and students....even if nobody likes the products they produce or even if they don't produce a skill, service, or product that the market desires.

Touche' ...

Oh ... I love this article ... Talk about a bunch of folks who just needed something to do besides work for a living ...

http://newsok.com/occupy-wall-street-movement-reaches-oklahoma-city/article/3612282

“What we're trying to do is get everyone at the table regardless of their political affiliation, regardless of their background, regardless of their shape, size or color and just start the conversation with: ‘What's wrong? What is the common denominator that we all see?' Then we're going to try to tackle that common denominator.”

They don't even know what they are protesting ...

And the kid who says "My mom is having half her check taken out in student loans and she's working for $10 a hour. She has three degrees ..." I laughed my ass off!!

Gotta give them credit though ... where else in the country can you see protesters holding signs that say "Thanks" to the police department??

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Touche' ...

Oh ... I love this article ... Talk about a bunch of folks who just needed something to do besides work for a living ...

http://newsok.com/occupy-wall-street-movement-reaches-oklahoma-city/article/3612282

“What we're trying to do is get everyone at the table regardless of their political affiliation, regardless of their background, regardless of their shape, size or color and just start the conversation with: ‘What's wrong? What is the common denominator that we all see?' Then we're going to try to tackle that common denominator.”

They don't even know what they are protesting ...

And the kid who says "My mom is having half her check taken out in student loans and she's working for $10 a hour. She has three degrees ..." I laughed my ass off!!

Gotta give them credit though ... where else in the country can you see protesters holding signs that say "Thanks" to the police department??
I thought that was the funniest sign of all that I saw.

Latest posts

Top Bottom