Protesting Downtown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and Big Unions.

Yep...12% of the working people can screw up 100% of the the economic world everytime.

A few years ago... less than half of the work force were organized...

Long shoreman and transportation.... The Shipping container and "on time logistics" put most of those folks out of work...

A few years ago there were 29,000 people making shoes "up East" Maine alone... those jobs are less than 3,000 today in the same region. We used to make shirts, pants and shoes all over the South too.... all that work is gone off shore.

Carpenters, plumbers and electricians (Union and Non Union) used to learn the craft as apprentices... now some tax dodging nitwit is getting paid under the IRS 1099 plan to do shoddy work... cause he never learned the right way in the first place.

Kubota and the Eastern Europeans ship tractor and heavy equipment parts here all the time... to beat the import taxes... that idles thousands of square feet representing untold dollars of capital investment... and reduced workforces, taxes and other negative impact on formerly "middle class" towns across America

School teachers worked for peanuts... before unions... and in most places they still do even if they are represented.

And don't even get me started about NAFTA and all the other anti AMERICAN policies that have been foisted upon us in my lifetime alone.......

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, yes those damn Unions that strive to better conditions for the working man. Damn them! Damn them staright to Hell! What do you care about the ordinary working man or woman, because afterall that's not you. Gotta keep those big tax breaks for corporations and the rich because some day somehow, you'll be among them and need your corporate welfare!

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
These " occupy" people are really on to something. So much so, I think my wife and I
will try the "occupy Vegas". I think it will be either at the end of this month or the beginning of
November. I know we'll fight the system by protesting that corporate monster called The Mirage.

While my wife spends some time investigating the evils of blackjack and poker, I'll investigate and
"occupy" the Wynn golf course and the single deck blackjack table at the El Cortez.

Down with the system, don't let the man bring you down, and.......Viva Las Vegas!

Cohiba

**I sure hope those demonstrators are as dedicated as I will be!*****

Did I just hear you on KTOK saying this same exact thing?

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did I just hear you on KTOK saying this same exact thing?[/QUOTE

Well, last time I heard Cohiba on the radio via KTOK he was calling from Galveston/Houston during a hurricane and he said he was moving back to Oklahoma. If Cohiba says he will do it, I believe he and the Mrs. will do so. He has said so recently here on OSA. Now, on another subject, I would love to contribute, but since I was banned recently for "trolling" someone, get real people, what a click they have there. I cannot believe the free speech is being voided here.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, yes those damn Unions that strive to better conditions for the working man. Damn them! Damn them staright to Hell! What do you care about the ordinary working man or woman, because afterall that's not you. Gotta keep those big tax breaks for corporations and the rich because some day somehow, you'll be among them and need your corporate welfare!
When it came to Obamacare, and the GM bailout, it was the Unions that got the breaks.
I just saying that there is alot of blame to go around on both sides.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep...12% of the working people can screw up 100% of the the economic world everytime.

A few years ago... less than half of the work force were organized...

Long shoreman and transportation.... The Shipping container and "on time logistics" put most of those folks out of work...

A few years ago there were 29,000 people making shoes "up East" Maine alone... those jobs are less than 3,000 today in the same region. We used to make shirts, pants and shoes all over the South too.... all that work is gone off shore.

Carpenters, plumbers and electricians (Union and Non Union) used to learn the craft as apprentices... now some tax dodging nitwit is getting paid under the IRS 1099 plan to do shoddy work... cause he never learned the right way in the first place.

Kubota and the Eastern Europeans ship tractor and heavy equipment parts here all the time... to beat the import taxes... that idles thousands of square feet representing untold dollars of capital investment... and reduced workforces, taxes and other negative impact on formerly "middle class" towns across America

School teachers worked for peanuts... before unions... and in most places they still do even if they are represented.

And don't even get me started about NAFTA and all the other anti AMERICAN policies that have been foisted upon us in my lifetime alone.......
I did not just blame unions. There is alot of blame for everyone. As far as the teachers, yes there are some under paid. There is also some that would be fired, if not for the union that protects them, but not our kids.

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did not just blame unions. There is alot of blame for everyone. As far as the teachers, yes there are some under paid. There is also some that would be fired, if not for the union that protects them, but not our kids.

Very correct. Now, How many here work for or have to work under union regs? I feel for you. I worked for 28 plus years for a company, but the union here was not so "out of whack" depending on what shift I had versus the plants in the north. I was a mgmt/supervisor and most of the time was the second shift and the union rep had common sense, or should I say he really cared what happened with the company because it or he realized it was his lilvelyhood. So things were good there, but it could have been worse, because I treated my workers well and they returned it in kind. ? NO you have not been in the work force. I am just an old guy but what goes around comes around, and the new world order is not coming around. Just sayin. Good night and good luck to all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom