Protesting Downtown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those "beneath me " jobs are sorta scarce right now.

Government passes laws and regulations well above what the Founding Fathers envisioned... that encourage big busineess to move work off shore and reward tariff beating importers. Unfortunalty, this trend started back in the 70's and will soon leave the US in a situation were "work" will be 2 guys selling each other insurance whilst sitting at Mc Donalds

Unemployment numbers. 9% equates to about 20% total unemployment... the active figure does not reflect those who have run out of benefits...or have just stopped looking (many have retired (legit) or just cannot find a job... outside of OK that's a real situation)

If you folks base your reality on Rush Limbaugh and the sound bite media... sham on you.

stewartglock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If I hear one more time "I can't find a GOOD job and it's the .gov and big corp.'s fault" I am gonna puke. I cannot tell you how many jobs I have worked in my lifetime that were "beneath" me. Geez, just go get a damn job already ... even it if is "beneath" you it's better than nothing ... Just because you are working a job (or two) doesn't mean you can't keep looking for a better one.

Damned dullards ... (Uhmmmmm, yeah, lazy is one of my "hot buttons" ...) sheesh ...

And take a bath ... maybe the reason you can't get a job is because you reek of BO and MJ ... :popcorn: Dirty hippy chicks are NAS-TEE ...:buttkick:

I bet they are holding out for management....

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I got out of college in 1979, I took a series of crummy jobs TO PAY MY DUES. I don't remember me expecting a cushy job to just be sitting there waiting on me. I spent years demonstrating to employers that I could outwork and outpace and outproduce anyone around me. It was the value I produced that opened doors for me--not some implied societal obligation.

But then, what do I know?

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I got out of college in 1979, I took a series of crummy jobs TO PAY MY DUES. I don't remember me expecting a cushy job to just be sitting there waiting on me. I spent years demonstrating to employers that I could outwork and outpace and outproduce anyone around me. It was the value I produced that opened doors for me--not some implied societal obligation.

But then, what do I know?

I took a few crummy jobs too... but they were at a Company that offered me a future. Sweeping floors, scaling boilers, pimping for a weldor, serving apprenticeships.

Right now if we were graduating college... we'd be brawling over who gets the clean handle on the garbage can at Subway. Our base of PRODUCTION jobs were a kid could start at the bottom and work up left this country a long time ago.

I'm not saying a guy cant make it anymore... but the jobs/companies that were out there years ago ain't around any more. With so much work rushing out in a Goverment sponsered/corporate facillitated vacum we just have more people than slots to fill.
Hell....30 years ago you could walk into a plant's office and find 10 paper draftsmen working all day... now that's down to one CAD monkey and with computers he's a contractor in Siberia. It's pretty hard to find a job like that... and work your self up to "engineer" now days. All other trades and crafts are in about the same shape.

I hope they nix that Trade deal with Korea...

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You guys do realize that it's not all about some lazy whiners who won't/can't get a job, right?

Yeah, it's about some other lazy whiners who want to build a utopia with other people's money...and on the backs of other people's labor.

They think they deserve to make a good living as artists, writers, activists, and students....even if nobody likes the products they produce or even if they don't produce a skill, service, or product that the market desires.

spamby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It dosent matter, you are all headed to the re-education camps soon.

I plan to submit early so I can be the one with the rubber hose. That way I can beat people when they leave their cells for their jobs picking up little rocks in the fields. You gotta act early to get the good jobs in the new world order............

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
“The lobbyists have bought this country,” Lucas said.
I agree with the above quote. What I don't understand is why the outrage is with the people who paid good money to buy the country instead of those in government who become rich and powerful by selling it to them?

Michael

Latest posts

Top Bottom