Proud Taurus Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has a Taurus PT92 in 9mm. She loves it, I love it, my father-in-law loves it. Haven't had any issues shooting it and have put about 600-700 rounds through it ourselves. It's stainless steel and my wife likes to refer to it as "pretty". She just got a ProTec laser for it so she's excited to go try it out.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I don't think it's fair to start a Taurus (or any gun) love fest thread, and request that anyone with differing opinions stay out. Ask for educated opinions, personal experience, whatever.

If you are -obviously- aware of Taurus' less than stellar relationship, but insist on starting a "Proud Taurus Owner" thread on a gun board that is populated by many experienced shooters, especially ones with knowledge of many guns including very high quality ones; and then telling them to stay out if they dislike Taurus is like throwing a bleeding mouse in the middle of hungry cats and telling them to not harm it.

As a gun board, we encourage the sharing of information; in some cases that may be negative information.

Oh, and I don't *really* hate Taurus...

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it's fair to start a Taurus (or any gun) love fest thread, and request that anyone with differing opinions stay out. Ask for educated opinions, personal experience, whatever.

If you are -obviously- aware of Taurus' less than stellar relationship, but insist on starting a "Proud Taurus Owner" thread on a gun board that is populated by many experienced shooters, especially ones with knowledge of many guns including very high quality ones; and then telling them to stay out if they dislike Taurus is like throwing a bleeding mouse in the middle of hungry cats and telling them to not harm it.

As a gun board, we encourage the sharing of information; in some cases that may be negative information.

Oh, and I don't *really* hate Taurus...
Would be fine if I asked for opinion but I did not. . I just wonder why people have to chime in when there is no reason for it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I didn't say you did ask for them. I'm saying asking for educated opinions only is fine; but demanding no differing opinions is not. This is a gun board, we encourage information being shared. It is unfair to anyone reading this forum to only allow positive reviews.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No pics but have a model 85 and a 6 inch model 66. I have had the 66 for many years and fire it every chance I get.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Again there should be no bashing. olyeller that was uncalled for. If you can not read the post and see that your negative comments are not needed or wanted. This is meant to be a positive only.This post is for people who have and are happy with their Taurus guns.

its a free country. Start your own forum if you want to make the rules.

And a pics thread should probably be in the photo album thread.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Would be fine if I asked for opinion but I did not. . I just wonder why people have to chime in when there is no reason for it.

Friend, there is a reason to bash Taurus. If "bash" is defined as giving information regarding their product's shortcomings.