Proud Taurus Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My father and I took a chance on a Black Friday special, the Rossi 3" 357 revolver for $199. I have to say, it's been great so far.

My father has 3 Taurus semi autos, a TCP which has been a great gun (made or at least assembled in the USA, by the way), a 24/7 in .45 that is also proven itself reliable and fun (I like the size-to-capacity ratio). And a 9mm Millennium that light strikes more than half the time and is a giant turd.

I like the revolvers very much for the price, and would trust the US made subcompacts. I am leery of any Brazil-made semi-autos but would purchase one used I knew work (i.e. my father's 24/7).

Last edited:

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 3 pages of a 'Proud Taurus Owners' thread I've counted twice as many people talking about the OP's gut fat vs. the POS Taurus.

What's next? Who's proud of their Bryco?

All kidding aside, no one is 'Proud' of their Taurus - it's a subpar company making subpar guns.
Simply nothing to be proud of.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In 3 pages of a 'Proud Taurus Owners' thread I've counted twice as many people talking about the OP's gut fat vs. the POS Taurus.

All kidding aside, no one is 'Proud' of their Taurus - it's a subpar company making subpar guns.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
At first I thought "3 pages of proud Taurus owners?" then I realized it was 1 proud owner and 3 pages of mocking him.

P.S. That gut shot pic needs to get deleted.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My buddy had a 9mm Taurus Millenium that was a turd too. His issue was sight locking set screw stripping out, light strikes, and FTE. He bought it used, poor guy bought someone else's problem. if he'd had consulted me prior he wouldn't have it.

I'd consider buying one of their revolvers as they seem to get decent reviews. The autos are what scare me.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I have a taurus 1911 that I am proud of...very accurate, never fails and a well built gun. I wouldn't trade it for anything. As far as having to deal with their customer service...never had to, the gun runs flawlessly.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Had a 454 Raging Bull. Notice I said had, shot all over the place, no functioning probs, bu very inaccurate.

Also have a '10 Ford Taurus with no probs and it's paid for, hope it lasts many years.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Taurus Astrology April 20 - May 20
Taurus Strength Keywords:
- Dependable
- Persistent
- Loyal
- Patient
- Generous

Taurus Weakness Keywords: