Proud Taurus Owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I guess it's a good thing he started this thread this year then, otherwise you'd have to claim the "Yellow Beast" I posted, since I bought it from you for a christmas present to myself!

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OP, why would you NOT carry a hammerLESS revolver? Especially if it it digging straight into your jelly roll!
Hammerless would be nice and have been looking and once I can afford one I will probably get one. But as far as mine digging into my jelly roll..... One twitch to my right side and I can cock this bad mo fo and have it ready for SA. Actually it usually rides different from that picture. I was standing in an awkward way due to a hurried picture and a lot of back pain.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a 85 Titanium with ports...in 38 special for a while.

Very nice single action trigger... a little heavier than I cared for in Double Action. I never got around to doing an action job because it was good enough for the purpose. Mine was in time and other that It was OK for a snub nosed revolver doing what snub noses do.

I did not like the ports one bit. Plus, those lightweight guns are a beast to shoot. Overall, the Taurus is a little thicker and blockier than a SW JFrame.

My Taurus went into a trade deal to sweeten the pot. A 85 and a OA GI parts 1911 for a Colt Cobra (LN NO BOX)... guess who came out ahead on that deal?

Last edited:

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool;
Itd be great if you could further explain this new, "cock-twitch" technique. Sounds interesting.
Well the more jelly roll you have the better it works. One quick twitch to the right side produces two things. First would be the original twitch which releases the retention device on the holster and the roll comes back and pulls the hammer back all before you can have your hand on the gun grip.

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone appreciate my input in this thread? If not, I will apologize to kinggabby, and never again say a bad work about Taurus or any other pistol.

Hell no!!! why would we ever listen to one of the most knowledgeable guys on the forum. Some people just like cheap imports, some dont. I have had a Taurus before and it was an okay gun, but didnt last long in my hands.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hammerless would be nice and have been looking and once I can afford one I will probably get one. But as far as mine digging into my jelly roll..... One twitch to my right side and I can cock this bad mo fo and have it ready for SA. Actually it usually rides different from that picture. I was standing in an awkward way due to a hurried picture and a lot of back pain.
That's hillarious! Thanks for the laugh!

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Cool;
Itd be great if you could further explain this new, "cock-twitch" technique. Sounds interesting.

I think you gotta kinda flinch on yer spinckter muscles or something like that. My wife says she heard it on Dr. Oz show and it's supposed to help. Like Jack Nicholson said though in The Bucket List: "never waste a h**rd -on and nener trust a f**t so at my age I am awful careful about flexing that spinckter. It all just "depends".