Quality lever action 22 rifle, Suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fubarjohnnyr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another vote for the Browning BLR. I purchased one in 1979 when I was 14 years old. That rifle has fired countless rounds, been dropped down hills, and dunked under water while frog hunting. It's an old friend that has never let me down, and she is propped up in the corner 8 feet from me right now.

I was lucky enough some years ago to pick up a 1965 manufactured 39A Mountie that is in pristine condition, it's such a beauty and doesn't get taken out often. I gave it to my son for his 16th birthday, it's going to be one of those that gets handed down the family line.

sting75ray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 9422 that Dad bought me for Christmas in 1979. It has had thousands of rounds through it over the years and still shoots and looks like new. A friend of mine picked it up once and when I told him how long I had owned it he said you ought to shoot it once in a while. I enjoy shooting all of my guns but also still take pride in taking care of them. I now have Dad's 9422 XTR the action on it is not near as smooth as my old 9422. I had a Henry Goldenboy and a standard Henry. I loved the looks of the Goldenboy but it would not handle ammo and the standard Henry handled ammo well but the finish came off of the receiver after a couple of cleanings. Aluminum receiver and it looked like black Krylon.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The coolest was my browning BL-22 that's long gone. I loved the 33% cocking with the trigger coming up with it. Hold down the trigger and play the rifleman lol. Very accurate little gun.

The Henry I now own is a close second.

Latest posts

Top Bottom