Question about ar15 trigger and springs..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
What ammo has anyone had problems firing with the JP springs???? That is the only reason I haven't got a few sets of their springs. I have a couple thousand rds of Tula steel and didn't know if they would work very well with it.

The only time I had an issue was with CCI #41 primers when I was shooting in the snow.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If getting rid of the gritty feel is all you are after then you need to address the sear surfaces, not springs.
If you are a little technically proficient, and have the right tools/materials as well as an understanding with how you can overdo a polish job and ruin the surface hardening on your hammer and trigger then the cheapest way is a polish job.
If you are not wanting to tackle it, then an ALG fcg is an excellent choice.
Or, you can put a few hundred to thousand rounds down range and let the system wear itself in.

I have done all of the above except buy an ALG, and they work. I have also ruined a fcg by over polishing. In the end i went with a Geissele SSA and never regretted it.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently dropped in a Wilson Combat trigger and couldn't believe how crisp it was.

For a Combat rifle, it's overkill but awesome none the less.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The JP springs are the cheapest improvement you can make to your rifle, but they are in no way comparable to a quality trigger group. If $100 is your budget, don't buy the RRA trigger group, spend $12 on the JP springs and save up another $100 for a higher quality trigger group.

93turbohatch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The JP springs are the cheapest improvement you can make to your rifle, but they are in no way comparable to a quality trigger group. If $100 is your budget, don't buy the RRA trigger group, spend $12 on the JP springs and save up another $100 for a higher quality trigger group.

Are the RRA triggers that close to comparison to just jp springs?

I was thinking about doing the RRA trigger.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.triggerwork.net/index.html

I found this guy out of colorado that does trigger work. I was thinking about trying him out. WHat do you think?

You don't need anybody to do trigger work for you. AR's are built to be tinkered with. There are several drop in models, that require nothing more than a punch to get the pins out, and a soft hammer to put them back in. Done except for a little adjustment and you can see how to do that on youtube.

Personally, I have the JP trigger systems in all of my AR's that require "fitting". I love making things fit, and knowing I can do a little extra polishing, adjusting, etc. to get it right where I want it.
If you want to do a drop in model, I'd suggest the "anti walk pins". Cheap, just a few bucks, but they will prevent the pins working themselves out of the hole.

Latest posts

Top Bottom