Question for the senior members.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm try to be all about moderation. I eat healthy for the most part but hit the pork and coffee more than I should. I just likes my high cholesterol foods, they just taste better. I also eat alot but work it off. Family has a history of high cholesterol and im trying to be concious about it. Im too rough on my body, always have been. Work hard and play harder.
+1 on the hearing protection. Background noise already gives me problems from working in loud motor rooms without plugs for so long. I started to plug my ears no matter how long I was going to be around loud equipment about 2 years ago and its made a difference already.
Thanks for the advice.

walker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm try to be all about moderation. I eat healthy for the most part but hit the pork and coffee more than I should. I just likes my high cholesterol foods, they just taste better. I also eat alot but work it off. Family has a history of high cholesterol and im trying to be concious about it. Im too rough on my body, always have been. Work hard and play harder.
+1 on the hearing protection. Background noise already gives me problems from working in loud motor rooms without plugs for so long. I started to plug my ears no matter how long I was going to be around loud equipment about 2 years ago and its made a difference already.
Thanks for the advice.

trollkepr

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am 53 and have had 31 heart surgeries of all types, Diabetes, used to have blood pressure trouble and a LOT of pain all over my body. I never smoked or drank much. I have always been in ok shape and nothing I ate or drank caused my problems. What has is first, not dealing strongly when I found out about illnesses. The stress of a horrible 10 year marriage and possibly a virus that attacked my Pancreas may have caused a lot of my problems. I am disabled enough that I wear slip-on shoes because typing regular ones drains all the strength I have.

I have had smoker friends die a horrible death. Don't smoke!!!

I have had drinking friends die a slow painful death of liver disease. Don't drink or drug!!!

... and the best way to not be a looser like me when you get older is to not have parents and descendents with serious health trouble. Loose your family tree!!! (my folks are all healthy in their 70's so this does not effect me.

Lastly. keep stress down by not tolerating a$$es or being one.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would avoid the greasy food as much as you can. Eat lots of veggies and fruits too. I didn't and now wish I had watched my diet more when I was young.
But back then they didn't know or talk about that much. They even said smoking was ok! Now we know a lot more. Luckily they have pills for high blood pressure and statins to lower cholesterol. I wouldn't be a food fanatic about it but the better you can eat good things the better off you will feel too.
Also when you get old your prescription bills will be lower the healthier you are. :woot:

LBnM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't smoke! Stay active doing things you like instead of just talking about it or wishing for it. If you still work, find a job you enjoy. Money isn't everything. Avoid stress and enjoy life. If you have a cholesterol problem treat it. If you are fortunate enough not to have that problem do like me. Bacon, Chicken & dumplings, lot's of biscuits & gravy but don't forget the veggies. Don't worry about the joints aching a little, it just shows you are still alive - it feels gooooood. When it's time to go, get out of town and go out enjoying God's wonderful world - them rest homes will kill you. Don't worry about your hearing. By the time you are my age you've heard it all anyway and it's pleasant sometimes to not to have to listen to a lot of the garbage that goes on. And did I mention? Don't smoke!

Latest posts

Top Bottom