Question for Type 2 Diabetics

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Define cured. T2D (and insulin resistance) can most certainly be reversed, and further cellular damage stopped. I've done it. Some damage even repaired. Not cured from the standpoint of going back to the way it was with resuming the old eating sugary and carb ways or curing permanent damage already done. Diabetes is. by A1C, defined at 6.5 or higher. Mine was at 12.2 when I was diagnosed. Last 4 A1C checks have been less than 5.4 and as low as 4.9.
Good deal! You seem to be managing it very well!

MR.T.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm type 1 diabetic.
My last A1C was 7.2. which my doctor said is terrific for me.

My highest before I decided to manage it better was 9.8. It was around 11 when I was diagnosed.

Last edited:

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doctors treat the SYMPTOMS of diabetes, but not the cause.

Anyone have any idea of the ROOT CAUSE of Diabetes?
The root cause of diabetes is that insulin is not getting into blood cells to break down and digest sugar.

Type 1, the pancreas is not producing enough insulin for the amount of sugar in the cells, because for whatever reason the pancreas is not working.

Type 2, receptors on the cells are not allowing the insulin to penetrate into the cell, even though the pancreas is working and insulin is present.

Because there are different types of diabetes, and differences in the cause and severity, it's not all the same and what works for one will not work for everyone... there is lots of dangerous advice in this and every thread I've seen about diabetes. See a doctor. If at all possible, find a good endocrinologist.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The root cause of diabetes is that insulin is not getting into blood cells to break down and digest sugar.

Type 1, the pancreas is not producing enough insulin for the amount of sugar in the cells, because for whatever reason the pancreas is not working.

Type 2, receptors on the cells are not allowing the insulin to penetrate into the cell, even though the pancreas is working and insulin is present.

Because there are different types of diabetes, and differences in the cause and severity, it's not all the same and what works for one will not work for everyone... there is lots of dangerous advice in this and every thread I've seen about diabetes. See a doctor. If at all possible, find a good endocrinologist.
Not just blood cells, all of your cells need glucose for respiration to occur. No insulin, no glucose enters the cells, no glucose no ATP, no ATP no respiration, no respiration no energy.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doctors treat the SYMPTOMS of diabetes, but not the cause.

Anyone have any idea of the ROOT CAUSE of Diabetes?

I assume you're talking about T2D.

A couple of points:
I am not a doctor and this isn't med advice.
Not everyone is the same and what works for one may not work for another.

Here's my two cents:
What causes T2D basically (simplified) comes down to lifestyle and diet.
Insulin resistance from having too high a level of insulin for too much time. Obesity, excess weight.
Insulin is a fat storage hormone, so obesity tends to follow high insulin. Usually in the form of fat around the midsection and around internal organs. Fatty liver being one. High glucose in the blood can cause irreversible metabolic damage and essentially affects every cell in the body. Heart, kidneys and liver are affected as well as veins and arteries leading to circulation problems. Circulation problems lead to amputations.

So what causes too much insulin? Sugar and sugary drinks, carbs, starchy foods like pasta, bread and starchy vegs, alcohol and other foods not to exclude artificial sweeteners (in some people.) Bad stuff comes in many forms and they ALL have to go to get health back.

LOW (as possible) carbs. Someone mentioned the carnivore diet. Do it. Include intermittent fasting with that (16-20 hours a day). It's great if you can keep it up. Some people need close to zero carbs a day. Others do well at 10 or even 20. The key is a high protein to fat ratio so add more healthy fat to your diet (butter, bacon, fatty fish and red meat) if necessary. Force your body into ketosis for most of the day. Teach your body to use fat as fuel instead of carbs. Better for your brain and heart also. Eating fat making you fat is a lie. Whole, single ingredient foods are the best. Stay away from anything in a box or carton that says its KETO. It's a lie.

Too much to talk about here. I probably missed a bunch. Hopefully I didn't misstate anything. There are many videos on YT about Keto, Keto/carnivore, carnivore diets and how to reverse T2D and insulin resistance.

There's a thousand excuses to avoid changing diet and lifestyle. Diabetes is cruel and deadly. Best not to F around and find out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom