Rant, why don't people do what the say

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm frustrated.. Sold my 71 Chevy PU 3 weeks ago and the guy still hasn't paid me the balance. Not to worry I still have the truck and title, It's just that I can't seriously search for a replacement before I have all the money for my truck.

First he says he will be here on Monday to pick up the truck, a week goes buy and no show. I call and he says he is waiting for a check that he was suppose to get that week but didn't happen. I let this go on for two more weeks trying to be as understanding as I could be. Friday I call him, (he doesn't call I have to).. Says he has the check and will go to the bank Saturday AM and come get the truck. Saturday goes by, not a word, Monday AM I call, he says he didn't make it to the bank on time but would take care of it today. Monday goes buy and not a word, I call him on Tuesday AM, says he has the cash but had to baby set and didn't make it but he would for sure be here yesterday after lunch.. Guess what, another no show. I'll call him this morning but my patience is running out and I may say something I might regret.

Bob frustrated in Catoosa Reeves

Garand

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd tell the guy he's forfeited his deposit and put your truck back up for sale... if he comes up with the balance before you sell it to someone else, great. But if you sell it to someone else, hes just SOL.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd tell the guy he's forfeited his deposit and put your truck back up for sale... if he comes up with the balance before you sell it to someone else, great. But if you sell it to someone else, hes just SOL.

I'm going with this also except I'd tell him he has 48 hours to make it right or then it's going back up with no return of deposit. I'm with you Mr. Reeves, WTF is wrong with people??

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good policy and maybe I'll remember it for next time. For some stupid reason I can only blame on my Mom I inherently trust people. One would think that at 66 and being burned many times I would learn but noooo I have to keep repeating the same old crap.

Just tried to call the guy and it went to a not set up yet voice mail box so I couldn't even leave a nasty message. Thanks everyone for letting me vent...

Thats why if i'm selling a vehicle i only accept payment in full one time. No partial payments, that can always go bad.

Twmaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Bob, I feel your pain man. Years ago when I owned a towing company I used to sell a couple of cars as a side business. I got fed up with idiot dreamers and tire kickers and finally instituted a payment plan.

One payment. Plan on bringing it all in cash. End of problems.

I'd put it back up for sale. If the ding-dong comes up with the cash before it sells good. Otherwise he can go#sand.

Latest posts

Top Bottom