Recommend a good 22LR Pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm still a big fan of buying a dedicated 22 upper for an existing frame. The advantage is that you get the exact same feel with the lower and in most cases the cost of an upper is cheaper than buying a complete gun.
JMO. I use a Marvel upper on an existing 2011 frame so when I switch everything feels the same.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
iv got several different but my favorite by far is my sig mosq. iv got several hundred rounds through it and its been flawless, I COULDNT BE HAPPIER with one...

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I must have gotten lucky as well. I purchased a P22 a couple weeks ago and so far have had zero problems in 500 rounds. I know that is not very many rounds but after hearing all the stories I planned to at least get a couple jams.

penman53

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a coworker that has a Browning Buckmark and has had zero problems. it is a great little shooter. I just picked up a Buckmark today and will make the first range trip tomorrow time willing.

Browning and Ruger are two names you can't go wrong with. The Walther is a great gun just not as accurate. That and it was too small in my hands to feel comfortable.

I just shot a Browning buckmark last weekend at the OKC gun club bullseye training. Actually I had the chance to shoot a Walther, Smith and Wesson 41, rugers and of course the Browning. The Browning had an excellent trigger, very crisp with minimal creep. Nice sights and a great grip and bore axis. It shot very good and for the money I think it would be an excellent buy. However the Rugers are always a good deal and a great shooter also.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just shot a Browning buckmark last weekend at the OKC gun club bullseye training. Actually I had the chance to shoot a Walther, Smith and Wesson 41, rugers and of course the Browning. The Browning had an excellent trigger, very crisp with minimal creep. Nice sights and a great grip and bore axis. It shot very good and for the money I think it would be an excellent buy. However the Rugers are always a good deal and a great shooter also.

Flip the trigger spring on that browning! If you think the stock trigger is nice, do a poor man's trigger job on it and stand back in awe.

To the rest of the thread, no need for this thing to be 4 pages. Shouldnt be 1 reply, Ruger or Browning, enough said.

Latest posts

Top Bottom