Recommend me some accessories for my 1911.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Speedrat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Started life as a GI Champion. It's a 1911, too easy to customize them the way you want! Stop by the Nowlin shop up by Claremore for parts... I never get out of there without a handful of goodies! :-)

[Broken External Image]

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love those CMC powermags. I got two powermags, a shooting star, and a MeCgar. I'm going to get a few more MeCgar's as soon as funds become available. They're great for the price. The CMCs though are extremely nice.

But I have figured out exactly what I want to do with this pistol. Details will follow as soon as the parts get in! ;)

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you all for your help and advice. It was invaluable. I know some people think I should've gone and done research myself, and I did. But some of you, I value your opinions more than some random internet stranger, and so I asked. If you were offended by this and any perceived laziness on my part, get over it.

Now here's what I decided on based on research, AND advice of trusted elders. ;)

ai56.tinypic.com_11b4sqa.jpg

I went with CMC Powermags and a shooting star for reliability, and five other cheaper ones including a a MecGar for range fun. I'm def getting more CMCs soon. They're amazing mags.

The gun came pre-installed with three dot night sights from the gentlemen I traded to for it. I've only done a cursory glance, but they appear to be Trijicons.

I put five hundred flawless rounds through it with the only malfs being my cousin who couldn't grasp the idea that limp wristing made the gun malf.

After shooting it a bit, I realized I HATED the arched MSH, so I traded it out with a Springfield Armory flat mainspring housing. Greatly increased the comfort of both gripping and shooting and it points more naturally for me.

The US grips aren't the greatest looking or feeling. They became slippery when my hands started to sweat. I gave the hogue soft rubbers a thought, but my friend has a hogue grip on his AR and I hate them. I like something a bit more rigid and grippy. So I went with the Miltac G10 laminates, both for function, personal preference, and looks. The desert camo was just too sexy imho. :P

As for Holster, I went with the Summer Comfort from Galco. The best holster I've ever worn. Not even my Crossbreed was as comfortable, although crossbreeds are far, far better for concealing the handgun. However, considering it's a full-sized steel handgun, I put comfort above how well it concealed. I carried my 1911 fully loaded around the house yesterday, doing yardwork and some medium to heavy lifting, and barely noticed it. It was lightweight and comfortable, and draws easily, while firmly retaining the gun during manual labor. and it's beautiful. :)

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice job Brandon! :thumb:

Me, I'm going a different route with my slabsides. :rolleyes2

I was gonna leave it all GI but I think I'll install a beavertail, extended thumb safety (NOT ambi) and an extended mag release button as well as a slotted/Commander style hammer and an STI polymer long trigger. My biggest problem is deciding on a MSH. It's a toss up betwixt an Ed Brown flat MSH with the chainlink style of checkering or the snakeskin. :scratch:

amedia.midwayusa.com_productimages_large_534_534582.jpg
amedia.midwayusa.com_productimages_large_691_691793.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom