Red Wasps Have Declared War

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ready_fire_aim

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah the red ones have a nasty sting. They usually won’t mess with ya but if they’ve got a nest nearby all bets are off.

I’ve been attacked by groups of them before when I disturbed a huge nest underneath a trailer tongue. Got tagged 5 times on my right hand. They were continuing to dive bomb me as i ran away. As in diving into me with their butts tilted down and stingers out. I got hit several times in the torso this way.

It sucked. My right hand that got hit 5 times was very swollen for about 3 days.

Kill em… kill em all

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had red wasps build a nest next to my porch light. I didn't really care, as we usually left each other alone, and I figured they'd be a deterrent to any jake-legged peckerwoods who trespassed onto my porch.

Then one day one of the little bastards decided to sting me on the back at the base of my neck, right above the collar of my t-shirt. That did not end well for them, or their nest. Shout! automotive fabric cleaner and a size 12 boot make a pretty effective anti-wasp system.

Rustytigwire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ether and a Bic.

Resized_20240627_183656.jpeg

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are mud daubers the ones the come from under the ground? I hate those things.
They build the mud huts you find in walls, old sheds. etc...

Pretty tame, but they do actually sting when cornered. I picked up a new roll of barbed wire - didn't know there was a nest in it. My hands looked like catcher's mitts.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Best medicine I know for wasp was what my Grandaddy used, gasoline. If you see a nest under an eve just tie a rag to a long cane fishing pole, soap it with gas and slap the nest. They will fall to the ground dead without even opening up their wings. You have got to keep in mind with gas will it discolor something or is there any way it can be ignited. It works better than anything I've used before.

Latest posts

Top Bottom