Redefining moments in your life...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Meeting my wife over 30 years ago, having a wonderful son, then a grandaughter... has me realizing that I am truly blessed. I have alot to be thankful for.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After 30 years of marriage being told that my wife had cancer. I realized that the person I had spent over half my life with could suddenly be taken away from me. I started trying then to show her how much I loved her in a special way. Ten years later I still have her and I still love her more today than I did yesterday..

Brought a tear to my eye, and warmth to my heart!
Thank You.
And congrats to you both!!

ouhunter

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meeting my wife in 9th grade back in 1976/77 then getting married right after graduating having our two son's, my wife and I are more in love today than ever. I've been truely blessed and now with two beautiful grandsons and a beautiful granddaughter I could'nt ask for anything more!!

Dr. HK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me it was when I met my wife, having children, and joining the military. It taught me discipline, and follow through to say the least. Nothing life being thrown to the wolves upon certain choices one choses in life.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mine was in the military. I joined right out of high school. I don't count the first enlistment term, as it was nothing more that getting out on my own and learning how to party without getting in trouble. During my 2nd term, though, things changed. Higher rank, more responsibiity, I matured mentally and grew up. The experiences and lessons I learned along with the discipline has helped me throughout the rest of my life (so far. ;) )

Although, I think I'm about to hit another defining moment. BB's post hit it right on the money. My life has been filled with always helping others and fixing other peoples' problems. I've been thinking a lot about that lately due to stress and burnout. It's time to realize that my career is not my life...it's a job and a paycheck source. Nothing more. Now I just have to act on it and prioritize what's really important. Helping others will always be something I think about...it's just my nature. But, I'm not going to be the 'goto guy' anymore.

Whew...it felt good just saying that. :)

It's a never ending battle, my friend ... LOL I swear some of us just have it in our DNA ... ;)

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have two boys that I live for. I gave up my hotrods and other play toys, so that I can give my boys the things they need. I would give up all that I have left without a 2nd thought. I have a great wife that kept me out of prison, which I can not say my friends would have. lol. The biggest was when I was in the hospital in 2000 and the Docs said that I was not going to make it. They sat down with the wife and myself, and told us to start calling family. All I could think about was my boys and my wife. Cars, guns, and everything else is all junk when it comes down to it. Gives you a new out look on life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom