Release

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OSU Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My current release strap finally gave in while shooting last night and ripped through the buckle hole so it's time to find a new one. I'm looking at the Tru fire hardcore and the Scott Silverhorn, but I'm also wondering if this is a good opportunity to switch to a back tension release. Anyone have experience with either of these releases or switching to a back tension release? If you have make the change, are you glad you did or do you regret it?

Coach_1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple truefires and really like them. I have a truball that's nice also. Just not a fan of the strap on truball.
I personally don't like back tension releases. I don't feel comfortable with them.

I'd like to try a thumb release.

FOG

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the hardcore for a wrist strap release but I prefer thumb releases. I have a pure back tension release that I shot years ago but I never hunted with it.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never shot thumbs, just picked up a hardcore max to replace my 5yr old tru-ball and I absolutely love it. Thinking about picking up another just to have a spare.

Latest posts

Top Bottom