Religious Topics and Questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

j707h

Marksman
Reaction score
Well, good. It continues. I think maybe the term 'free will' may be misleading. The offer has been made but one must accept in order for the offer to be valid. The true, original sin of Man was 'knowledge' or self awareness.

The first sin was eating of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, which God specifically forbid.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Millions of people have died through out history without ever hearing about jesus. Go back in time to when the bible was written, how many peoples on other parts of the world lived and died without ever hearing about jesus or the christian view on heaven and hell? When they died, did they go to hell? If so, why, they never had a chance to hear about gods salvation, loving as long as you hear and accept his word if not then off to hell with you. So thru no fault of thier own, they lived and died and are now burning in hell.

I know plenty of so called christians who will steal, lie and anything else they can get away with, they go to church every time the doors are open. They work beside you, in all walks of life. I know plenty of people who dont go to church, but are some of the most honest and trustworthy people you can meet, go figure.

Its all about choices, this thing we call life, and it aint easy. Life will beat you down, chew you up and spit you out then take a huge ass **** on you. Some people need religion to get them through it, others dont.

Is there a god, is there not a god, no one can really say for sure, with one exception, those who have already died, and they are not talking.

Take it with a grain of salt, live life the best you can, enjoy it, you only get one trip then thats it, no more.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To answer the original question: God isn’t fair, He’s just. There’s a big difference.

Yes, all are offered the same opportunity; Who ever believes Jesus is the one true Son of God will be saved,

This is wrong. The devil, as well as the demons believe in God. They will not get into Heaven. It takes more then to just believe he is real.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Key words : so called

Narrow is the way

Yep. If the "judgmental" factor were toned down, a lot more people would be have the opportunity to hear Christ's message. My next door neighbor pastors a huge Charismatic church here in Tulsa, and while I disagree with some of his theology, I cannot argue with the results and the good his ministery is doing. One of the points of his church is that it is not judgmental. I respect that and and I respect him for living what he preaches.

Besides it takes a saint to live next door to a bona fide New World Order Servant of Evil like me.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God made us perfect and with a free will, because love is only genuine when one can choose to love God, or not.
Then we sinned and that sin separated us from a Holy God.
So that Holy and loving God provided us a way back to Him, 100% accomplished by Jesus, because we cannot earn Holy.
Now once again we are faced with the choice to choose that Way back to God or not.

Sounds great, the problem is that it isn't scriptural. No where in scripture does it say that man has free will. No where in Scripture does it say that man was created perfect other than Adam. And we all fell in Adam. Man is born with a sin nature. Have you ever seen a baby that is not selfish? They have to be shown how to behave.

I haven't read all the posts yet, but I think you are over thinking this. If you were drowning and someone offered a hand to "save" you who do you think is doing the saving? You, saving yourself by taking the hand or the one offering the hand? We cannot save ourselves. God saved us through Jesus Christ. Yes, we can chose to be saved or not, but salvation is something we cannot do on our own. We can take the hand or we can drown.

Once again, this allegory fails in the light of scripture. The Bible says we were dead in our trespasses and sins, not drowning in them. The actual Greek translation is for a decaying corpse. We have no ability to respond, or reach out, we are dead and decayed, laying on the bottom of that sea. It takes a sovereign God that reaches down, brings spiritual life out of our dead state and then draws us to him.

But; A person without faith is self-righteous.

A person without faith is dead. A religious person is self righteous.

We are responsibe to save ourselves by obedience to the gospel which is made available and ratified by the blood of Jesus.
After Peter preached the first gospel sermon and had many responses he extended his sermon in an attempt to persuade others to save themselves.
There is a difference in works. Many think they can be saved by the works of men (earn their salvation). We cannot earn our salvation. We must do the "works of God" those things perscribed for us to do in the word of God. We do these works not to earn salvation but because we love God for what he has done for us.

We are not saved by faith only. Jesus said:
Mr 16:16 He that believeth AND is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.

Our salvation is based upon doing the will of God.

Mt 7:21 ¶ Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Thanks for looking please check it out.

This is exactly what the Pharisees taught. Salvation is by GRACE, through FAITH, and that is a gift of God. Even our faith is a gift from God.

James writes an entire book explaining that Faith without works is dead. The whole context of James is that true salvation will result in works, not that works is a condition for salvation. That is like the leaf trying to justify the tree trunk. Each one is a normal outgrowth of the other. Without the trunk of faith, you will not show the leaves of works. However, if your trunk is alive and vital, the normal growth is going to be leaves. I know, clear as mud, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom