Researching the 2ndA & the NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murph

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy folks

I'm trying to find a source where the NRA stated that the 2nd Amendment protection for citizens to own &or carry arms was an 'unlimited' right

I've found plenty of sources claiming the NRA made such a claim, but I'm having trouble finding the claim itself

Which makes me curious, (but then again what doesn't make me curious these days=) if the NRA actually said it

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is the only thing you need to know:

Amendment II

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the NRA is not in favor of an individual's right to keep and bear arms. the NRA uses our rights as bargaining chips, and the erosion of our rights as a profit generator.

they have supported, lobbied for, and helped write the biggest infringements against the 2nd amendment. not once or twice, but habitually for at least 80 years now.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the NRA is not in favor of an individual's right to keep and bear arms. the NRA uses our rights as bargaining chips, and the erosion of our rights as a profit generator.

they have supported, lobbied for, and helped write the biggest infringements against the 2nd amendment. not once or twice, but habitually for at least 80 years now.

Here we go!:popcorn:

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meanwhile, those who criticize the NRA do virtually nothing themselves to be active in opposing legislation, but pretty well limit it to posting on public forums, and perhaps getting out and voting occasionally.

At best, they may be part of a small, obscure organization, that has no clout whatsoever. LOL

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never heard them say that.

The NRA lobbies on our behalf, if it weren't for them we wouldn't be shooting AR15's right now and our handguns would have 10 round mags in them right now. They also take the heat off the the manufacturer's and the pro gun politicians. Most recently they did help counter Bloomberg in the Colorado recall. The recall was grass roots though, the NRA stepped in after Bloombag.

I'm a member of the SAF too.

For all of you NRA haters, who do give your money to to lobby on your behalf?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meanwhile, those who criticize the NRA do virtually nothing themselves to be active in opposing legislation, but pretty well limit it to posting on public forums, and perhaps getting out and voting occasionally.

At best, they may be part of a small, obscure organization, that has no clout whatsoever. LOL

Source?

Or just drivel from the brainwashing?

If anecdotal, then I haven't seen any NRA supporters personally be active in opposing or submitting legislation.

Remember, the NRA changed out an argument in McDonald not because the Court wouldn't touch the original argument (the Court even said they'd have liked to), but to solidify the continued litigation of what the Second Amendment does and does not apply to. The original argument would have treated it as a all-encompassing privilege and immunity of being a U.S. citizen; the NRA's argument was that the Second Amendment applied only in specific situations subject to "due process".

I can't in good conscience support an organization like the NRA.

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Source?

Or just drivel from the brainwashing?

If anecdotal, then I haven't seen any NRA supporters personally be active in opposing or submitting legislation.

Remember, the NRA changed out an argument in McDonald not because the Court wouldn't touch the original argument (the Court even said they'd have liked to), but to solidify the continued litigation of what the Second Amendment does and does not apply to. The original argument would have treated it as a all-encompassing privilege and immunity of being a U.S. citizen; the NRA's argument was that the Second Amendment applied only in specific situations subject to "due process".

I can't in good conscience support an organization like the NRA.

Who do you support?

Latest posts

Top Bottom