Researching the 2ndA & the NRA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if a man can be trusted unsupervised in public, he can be trusted to have a weapon. all the non-criminally insane people with guns would help to insure his trustworthiness...

i doubt any link i share would be viewed as valid, but here's one...

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nra-supported-nfa34.htm

"The NRA supported The National Firearms Act of 1934 which taxes and requires registration of such firearms as machine guns, sawed-off rifles and sawed-off shotguns. … NRA support of Federal gun legislation did not stop with the earlier Dodd bills. It currently backs several Senate and House bills which, through amendment, would put new teeth into the National and Federal Firearms Acts." -American Rifleman, March 1968, P. 22

WessonOil

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if a man can be trusted unsupervised in public, he can be trusted to have a weapon. all the non-criminally insane people with guns would help to insure his trustworthiness...

i doubt any link i share would be viewed as valid, but here's one...

http://jpfo.org/articles-assd02/nra-supported-nfa34.htm

"The NRA supported The National Firearms Act of 1934 which taxes and requires registration of such firearms as machine guns, sawed-off rifles and sawed-off shotguns. … NRA support of Federal gun legislation did not stop with the earlier Dodd bills. It currently backs several Senate and House bills which, through amendment, would put new teeth into the National and Federal Firearms Acts." -American Rifleman, March 1968, P. 22

And that's "basically every major infringement," the outlawing of machine guns, and sawed off rifles and shotguns?

I see that's a 1968 publication that was taken from.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
did you read the link, or just the paragraph i pasted here?

can you think of a bigger infringement on the second amendment than the combined effect of the GCA, NFA, and FOPA?

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The NRA was an entirely different organization in 1934. The author of that article has an agenda.

What gun rights group opposed the NFA?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
were they a different org when they helped write the strictest anti gun laws in the nation for d.c.? in 68? 86? in the 90s when they advocated for gun free schoolzones? in 2012 when they decided to blame video games for murder? what good has the NRA done? have we made amy real ground because of the nra, or is all the progress we've made in spite of them?

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
machine guns, short barreled shotguns, suppressors, all that stuff that we have to pay for permission to own.

rights don't require a license, tax, background check, or approval. those are for priveleges.

lee1000

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You didn't answer my question. Do you think that is a winning strategy?

Also, of groups you financially support, which ones lobby for the legalization of machine guns?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom