Riots and Looting...the best way to get "Justice"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm ready to stop hearing about this every day. The info will come out...no need in all this crap. Obummer and Holder need to keep their attention whoring greedy hands out of this situation. From what I've seen so far, the local PD there didn't do their self any favors in the way things have gone down on their part, information wise. People of the city have done their self no favors with their actions as well. They are just further out casting their image, and hurting their community.

Innocent until proven guilty for the officer. Even if it is deemed justified, and nothing comes of this legally on his part, you can bet this will probably cost him his livelihood, and sense of security for his family if he stays there, and possibly ptsd. I would be planning on moving the day this event is over, and starting over in a completely new state. All it would take is a random traffic stop on someone that wants "justice for m.b.", and you could bet there wouldn't be a riot or buildings burning over that.

Ofc. Williams might as well start looking for a new region of the country to relocate to. His career in Ferguson is over. :(

As for the rest, I just saw a positive piece on FOX news about positive role models in Ferguson who are trying to clean up the community. Too bad people like that aren't in charge. :(

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Imo, the shooting will shake out. Its the aftermath thats a travesty of justice. Looters should be arrested if possible. Businesses should be protected if possible. But Protesters have a right to assemble and protest. That should not be infringed, contained, intimidated, aimed at, pointed at, confined, kettled, corraled or hindered in any way.

I understand Cops have guns, I know cops go thru training. Im very doubtful that training says anything about aiming firearms at large groups of citizens. Maybe having a weapon drawn and at the ready but not looking down the sights or looking thru optics.

Noway is many of the "after shooting protest" pics and footage of Law Enforcement, in keeping with my idea of crowd control.

Lots of stupid happening in Ferguson, I expect better of Law Enforcement and civil leaders. The citizens are just excercizing a Right.

This is 100% right. And I heard our beloved leader asking protesters to only protest during the day. Right, like everyone can just call in sick to protest.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Imo, the shooting will shake out. True. Its the aftermath thats a travesty of justice. I dunno how you can say that, it's not over yet. Looters should be arrested if possible.True. Businesses should be protected if possible. True. But Protesters have a right to assemble and protest. True. I haven't heard anyone say they couldn't protest. You may disagree on the way the cops have handled the crowds, but they have NEVER been told they could not protest. That should not be infringed, contained, intimidated, aimed at, pointed at, confined, kettled, corraled or hindered in any way.I disagree. At the point, protestors become unruly and a danger to themselves and those around them, or begin to engage in criminal activities, then they should be dealt with appropriately.

I understand Cops have guns, I know cops go thru training. Im very doubtful that training says anything about aiming firearms at large groups of citizens. Maybe having a weapon drawn and at the ready but not looking down the sights or looking thru optics.I think you might me surprised at how very little training the average police officer has, especially officers NOT from major urban areas like NYC, LA, etc., have in crowd control.

Noway is many of the "after shooting protest" pics and footage of Law Enforcement, in keeping with my idea of crowd control.And you are entitled to that opinion.

Lots of stupid happening in Ferguson, I expect better of Law Enforcement and civil leaders. The citizens are just excercizing a Right.True. I would add that I expect more from us as citizens also. There is no reason for violence, period. No good comes from it. Those folks in Ferguson have ballot boxes. They need to use them.

See my answers in red. I'm off to watch my soap opera ... you guys carry on ... :kiss: :heart:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ofc. Williams might as well start looking for a new region of the country to relocate to. His career in Ferguson is over. :(

As for the rest, I just saw a positive piece on FOX news about positive role models in Ferguson who are trying to clean up the community. Too bad peole like that aren't in charge. :(

They've been hitting the circuit on CNN, too. And I agree ... too bad these aren't the people in charge there. Maybe that will change now.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Could the fracture in question cause the victim to feel diminished ability to resist further physical assault?

Absolutely! We've heard stories of people not just knocked unconscious, but KILLED by a single punch to the head/face. Just imagine, if you're a cop, you stop someone (who it is reported was) walking in the middle of the road while investigating a robbery in the area, that someone gets into a physical confrontation with you, you end up with a violent blow to the head... my thought would be, "Holy ****! I'm lucky I'm not dead already or knocked out (which could lead to the same thing)! Whoever is attacking me is certainly putting me at grave risk of death or great bodily injury! I'd better respond with deadly force to protect my own well-being!"

Seriously. I'm not saying anything about whether he was shot in the back, front, top of the head, under the arm, in the buttocks, whatever. I'm saying if I just got clocked by a 300-lb dude and I am lucky enough to still be conscious, my main concern is going to be stopping whatever the threat to my life is. Period. No idea what the situation was in Ferguson that day, but this is what my response would be to a hypothetical assault. Having taken a blow hard enough to fracture my orbit may have put me out of commission in some cases, but certainly isn't a definite, by any means.

excat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's something to heat the pot up tonight....

Police Officers Involved In Fatal Shooting Just Miles From Ferguson

A man was shot and killed by police officers in North St. Louis, Missouri after allegedly charging at officers with a knife, Chief Sam Dotson said at a news conference on Tuesday. The incident took place just days after police officer Darren Wilson shot and killed 18-year-old Michael Brown, sparking violent protests throughout Ferguson, Missouri, 10 miles from North St. Louis.

The suspect had “taken energy drinks and a package of pastries from a nearby convenience store,” was “acting erratically” and “did not drop the weapon” per police instruction, Dotson claimed. The man then approached both officers, wielding the knife in an “overhead grip.” Witnesses say the man yelled “shoot me, kill me now” and was fatally shot once he reached within four feet of the officers.

The officers have since been placed on administrative duty. The suspect is described as a 23-year-old black male, but hat not yet been identified.

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/20...officers-involved-in-fatal-st-louis-shooting/

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unlike Ferguson PD, St Louis PD released loads of information, Chief held press conference and laid out most information within an hour.

Sounds like suicide by Cop, to me.

Let me apologize for my disparaging comment. While I always took responsibility for my choices and actions, I understand that not everyone holds themselves, or others to that standard. I'll just say this. It is my firm belief that what happened to Mr. Brown is the direct result of his own poor choices that day ... and probably other days before that he got away with and because of that, felt emboldened. Let me also say to those of you who think his death a terrible injustice. Life ain't fair. If you are stupid, it's worse.

BTW, the news just reported that he had MJ in his system and the "talking head expert" said that some folks feel "invincible" after smoking MJ ... :scratch: Beats me ... I just wanted to eat Cheetoes, get some "frisky" and take a good nap ... :P

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom