Riots and Looting...the best way to get "Justice"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely. Also, it was post 293, not 23. I've researched the changing demographics of Ferguson over the past few decades. It all goes back to the razing of the STL housing slum where the welfare crowd was housed. They lost their affordable subsidized housing back in the early 70's and they migrated outward. Many neighborhoods had zoning and code restrictions in place that kept them from suffering the same fate. Ferguson didn't. Rather than adapting and adopting the middle class community standards Ferguson had in place, they brought about the same degeneration to poor and crime ridden they wrought in the Pruitt-Igoe housing project they hailed from. Seeing the writing on the wall, the smart ones left.

This is why the Zonation video is so spot on. Rather than assimilating into the culture they move to, immigrants today feel emboldened and entitled to drag the very negative aspects of their culture they fled, into the better environment that attracted them to the new place. Then they want to protest and riot when the new community doesn't like what they're doing. Seriously? W.T.F.?

That's why all this outrage over a 6'4", 290# thug strong-arm robber getting shot by a "racist" white cop doesn't exactly fill me with rage. They can rally around that criminal as their battle cry if they want, but calling people racist because they don't agree isn't going to work. Not anymore. The internet brings instant access to reports, statistics and trend analysis for the common man. Back in the 70's, the public outside Ferguson would have no knowledge of what's happened to the community to get them where they are now. Today it's a different story.

So when the 66% black population in Ferguson gets their knickers in a twist over the genetic makeup of their community leadership, I say they need to look in the mirror and point those fingers back at themselves. What have they done to prevent this tragedy? In most cases, the answer is absolutely nothing. Don't come with just a complaint, come with a solution and be prepared to roll up your sleeves. They don't do that.

Like the man says: "You can't be dependent on someone, without allowing them to control you." So what do they really want? Freedom to do whatever the hell they please (including strongarm robbery, rioting and looting)? Or a safe community with standards that sometimes seem harsh? If they want to eliminate the appearance of racial bias in their community, then what they have to do is register to vote; elect strong black leaders who refuse to allow racial bias to control of the community; denounce and prosecute criminal behavior within their ranks; build on education and prosperity within the community and eliminate the very barriers they themselves erected as immigrants to Ferguson.

Will they so that? Sadly, no. SO that's why I have less sympathy for their plight. It doesn't mean I condone what Ferguson PD has done in the wake of the shooting, but it would've been nearly impossible for them to get where they are now without fueling the very fire they're protesting. :(

I meant #293 just mistyped so lets just ignore all I said and go with your opinion.

What you say has some truth to it I'm sure, maybe quite a bit, but is it all there is to it? There are still many things being ignored, stereotypes being broadly brushed(but only one direction allowed), and some outright lies and Constitutional violations happening. I'm just saying let's just not forget/ignore all that and see only what some want and what suits some just like many say those people are doing.

Last night I saw two community leaders of some sort convince the crowd to leave the street and remain on the sidewalk to protest as the police asked them to do, I've seen two articles stating protesters blocked looters from stores and someone mentioned some of the community helping clean up, not all of those people are bad and there is hope... maybe.

I've made no conclusions about the shooting itself, I don't know if the officer did right or wrong, I know the kid did wrong by stealing but not if he did anything else.
But the conclusions I do have are that the protestors and looters are two different groups, looting should be stopped and was instead allowed, protesting should be allowed and has been curtailed, and the press should not be threatened or restrained.

71buickfreak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point was that if you get hit in the face hard enough to cause an orbital blowout, the chances of being lucid enough to get out of the vehicle, draw and shoot the aggressor are very slim. Not to mention the fact that he would have been unable to focus for several minutes at the very least. He landed 6 out of 7 shots, I'm calling BS on that. When I had my incident (sports injury), I couldn't walk by myself for 20 minutes, I saw a kaleidoscope of triples for a good 90 seconds, and didn't know where I was. But I guess errbody is different...

The bigger point is this- if he in fact did sustain this injury, WTF would they not report it immediately? That would certainly show a different story than "I'm freezin', my hands is up".

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My point was that if you get hit in the face hard enough to cause an orbital blowout, the chances of being lucid enough to get out of the vehicle, draw and shoot the aggressor are very slim. Not to mention the fact that he would have been unable to focus for several minutes at the very least. He landed 6 out of 7 shots, I'm calling BS on that. When I had my incident (sports injury), I couldn't walk by myself for 20 minutes, I saw a kaleidoscope of triples for a good 90 seconds, and didn't know where I was. But I guess errbody is different...

The bigger point is this- if he in fact did sustain this injury, WTF would they not report it immediately? That would certainly show a different story than "I'm freezin', my hands is up".

I'm gonna call BS on "landed 6 shots" ... Cops practice "center mass" shots, not "right arm" shots ... I would argue that cop got very, very lucky.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I wouldn't compare a sports injury to an adrenaline fueled hand to hand, fight for your life, combat injury. Cops and soldiers have survived worse injuries and continued to fight effectively.

I'm guessing that the reason they held this information is, at some level, someone was trying to complete/compile the investigation. Trickling out information bit by bit in order to combat public opinion is going down a bottomless rabbit hole. (Not to mention the HIPAA/privacy rights of the involved officer.)

Last edited:

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
and now...St Louis PD just shot another one for stealing from a convience store....

in Ferguson the 6'4" 300lb'er was walking down the middle of the street and the cop told him to walk on the sidewalk...one can make a pretty good guess at the dialog following those instructions...

the recent shooting in St Louis resulted in the death of the "suspect"...

it looks to me like Darwin was on to something.....

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm going to caution you guys against making racist statements. As I have said, I am not a fan of politically correct speech because it stifles true debate, but there's no need to be insulting and generalize ALL people of a particular race. It's unfair and it's not acceptable here. You know who you are and what you are saying, so please, just knock it off.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

You simply can't apply your injury experiences to the injury experiences of someone else. You're also implicating the medical personnel involved in Ofc. William's diagnosis in a conspiracy to commit fraud. Unless you're stating that you believe the Ferguson PD made up the injury entirely on their own and that Ofc. Williams wasn't examined by medical personnel after the shooting???

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Let me apologize for my disparaging comment. While I always took responsibility for my choices and actions, I understand that not everyone holds themselves, or others to that standard. I'll just say this. It is my firm belief that what happened to Mr. Brown is the direct result of his own poor choices that day ... and probably other days before that he got away with and because of that, felt emboldened. Let me also say to those of you who think his death a terrible injustice. Life ain't fair. If you are stupid, it's worse.

BTW, the news just reported that he had MJ in his system and the "talking head expert" said that some folks feel "invincible" after smoking MJ ... :scratch: Beats me ... I just wanted to eat Cheetoes, get some "frisky" and take a good nap ... :P

You know you dont need to apologize to me. Hell I have no sympathy for thieves or looters. I love debate and hearing opinions.

I view civil disobedience as a right and duty. I think everyone should be part of a protest or active boycott at least once in their lives. It ranks right up there with voting.

Pot never made me feel invincible either. Now apricote brandy.....whoa, I was gonna whup the world if Shore Patrol hadnt saved yall ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom