RK gun show is now $12.00

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Torch Red Tulsan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I mainly went because I'd promised to take a friend's son to his first gun show and didn't want him missing the experience. We were both really disappointed in the show. The ammo manufacturer I prefer (BVAC) had a distributor there so I was hoping to pick up some bulk .308 and maybe find a Harris Bipod cheaper than the $110-$120 I've seen in Tulsa. Never found the distributor's table and only 2 tables carrying generic bipods. I considered it a nearly complete waste of time. I came back to the house and immediately ordered my bipod for $87 shipped. Oh well. Luckily I live across the street. Feel bad for everyone that drove in

At least now my friend's son will appreciate the size of Wanenmacher!

Manna

Marksman
Reaction score
I mainly went because I'd promised to take a friend's son to his first gun show and didn't want him missing the experience. We were both really disappointed in the show. The ammo manufacturer I prefer (BVAC) had a distributor there so I was hoping to pick up some bulk .308 and maybe find a Harris Bipod cheaper than the $110-$120 I've seen in Tulsa. Never found the distributor's table and only 2 tables carrying generic bipods. I considered it a nearly complete waste of time. I came back to the house and immediately ordered my bipod for $87 shipped. Oh well. Luckily I live across the street. Feel bad for everyone that drove in

At least now my friend's son will appreciate the size of Wanenmacher!

Same here – the prices at the show for a particular gun I was looking at had used guns at a higher price than I could get online for new gun. As soon as I got home I ordered the gun from BudsGunShop.com

Wasn’t too happy about the $12 price either…was expecting the $6 price. At least I kept from being “taken” again on the high gun prices.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wife and I went to the show as well this morning. We were both surprised by the 12 dollar entry fee. We walked and looked around. Most prices were high for what was there, but there were some deals to be had. This is the first gun show I've gone to in 6 years and the first I've taken my wife to since moving to Oklahoma. It will also be the last. some of the vendors kids (I have to assume the girl was about 16) were rude as well, bumping into me and and my wife when returning to their booth to hand another girl her food. No sorry, excuse me, nothing. I hope they do well with the money they got from me today, they'll get no more.

BTW, regarding buying from here. I saw stripped lowers for AR platforms for way less than 100 bucks today. I saw in one case a complete lower for less than 150. Prices are negligible on the board when members are asking the same prices as some dealers for merchandise. I'm not bashing them for using the free market system, it's just an observation and comment about buying here on the board. It's not always cheaper to buy here.

superdave65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I set up at the OKC show today, I actually saw beanie babies for sale, Holy crap! It was a busy show there were lots of guns walking around. I am disappointed that RK would play games with the admission. I also hate to see all the flea market crap and scentsy candles. I'm sure most folks wouldn't mind the admission of they were going to an honest to goodness Gunshow. Lastly, I'm sure that the best deals were on my table and some may still be there tomorrow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom