rock island 1911s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeerAssassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I used to have one, sold it to buy an engine. Definately not the best sights, but I never experienced a single malfunction, it went bang every single time I pulled the trigger shooting Blazer Brass. I'd love to buy another one someday.

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love the looks of the basic 1911 the way it was originally designed. The sights are a little too small(like the original) on the basic RI, but everything else is just fine for a shooter or self defense handgun. American Classic is the same gun, made on the same machinery in the Phillipines but has a little better sights and checkered wood grips. It also has a smaller logo and smaller lettering on the slide which helps the appearance and they can be purchased for about $365.

HackerF15E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
American Classic is the same gun, made on the same machinery in the Phillipines but has a little better sights and checkered wood grips. It also has a smaller logo and smaller lettering on the slide which helps the appearance and they can be purchased for about $365.

The RIA and the American Classic are not made by the same company.

RIA and High Standard are both built by Armscor ("Arms Corporation of the Phillipines"), where the American Classic and Citadel are made by Metro Arms ("Metro Arms Corporation of the Phillipines").

Latest posts

Top Bottom