Ruger® 10/22® 50th Anniversary Design Contest

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
That's the one I voted for. It would make a great Appleseed LTR since it could be set up with the short stock insert for women and kids, and the full size one for bigger folks.

Last I checked, It was in the top three. If this is any indication of the demand for a off the shelf 10/22 LTR, maybe Ruger will reconsider producing one? I have a compact WMR RAR and I love that stock.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like the LTR is winning. Oh, surprise surprise... I found out it was designed by a fellow Appleseed instructor, mac66. Once this was revealed, Appleseeders jumped on the site and put him solidly in 1st place. :)

Keep voting that sucker up!

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Eh, looks like a run of the mill 10-22 tacticooled up a little. I'll buy the 50th walnut model for a safe queen... But I'd have to find a smoking deal to buy a 10-22 that's already had the fun work done to it.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like the Appleseeder's would have been better off getting a normal production run of their coveted LTR rather than a limited anniversary edition.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like the Appleseeder's would have been better off getting a normal production run of their coveted LTR rather than a limited anniversary edition.

It would be interesting to see the total numbers of votes cast. There could be a large enough number there to support normal production runs of both the LTR and the wood stock target/taper barrel takedown combo that came in second.

If they do the TD combo, I hope they use the Sporter style buttstock as pictured, with a carbine style forend with the barrel band on the taper barrel with fiber optic dovetail iron sights so you could mount a 10/22 mini scout mount or a 10/22 lasermax laser if you so desired.

Ruger should throw in a gift certificate to attend an Appleseed and a Ruger Rimfire challenge for free with the purchase of the LTR. It needs to have a 1 1/4" USGI sling with quick detach swivels included with the rifle, too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom